• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Delta variant has hit our house

Zod

4 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

Let's see how your "natural antibodies" are making you invinsible. If you look at the data some 90% of hospitalized patients are unvaccinated.

I wasn't talking about "natural antibodies" so I'm not sure what you're referring to with what I posted. If you look back, my post was about careless behavior leading to a spike in cases. Acting the fool isn't just limited to unvaxxed people. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

42 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I wasn't talking about "natural antibodies" so I'm not sure what you're referring to with what I posted. If you look back, my post was about careless behavior leading to a spike in cases. Acting the fool isn't just limited to unvaxxed people. 

No you keep trying to minimized the effectiveness of the vaccine with your roundabout method. Yes the vaccine isn't 100% but as stated above there is a huge difference in hospitalization and contracting the virus up to 40% in the worst cases. 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Great post...  this was the info I was referring to in one of my earlier posts where I read last week that the UK was projecting better than they had at any point since the pandemic started and they cited it was due to their 70+% vaccination rate at the time i read the article.  If there is no greater indicator of their efficacy, there you have it.

And I agree that there is hesitancy that doesn't fall in line with any specific political ideology, but the more vocal and blatant voices I hear and see on social media about not masking up or getting the vaccine are uber conservative.  But then I also have friends who are hesitant about getting the vaccine but take the other precautions, and I sense theirs is just simply a distrust of gov't, which I understand and empathize with, but there is enough data out there that proves regardless of government, country, etc., the vaccines work.

There are also ongoing studies in Iceland where the vaccination rate is very high, over 70%. Add in those with natural antibodies from surviving a COVD infection and about 80%- 85% of the population are protected. They have a wave of the delta variant but few hospitalizations and no deaths since May.

https://www.businessinsider.com/iceland-proves-covid-19-vaccines-work-expert-no-death-may-2021-8

Jeremy, I hope your youngsters recover well and the entire family stays safe. 

Edited by GRWatcher
  • Pie 2

33 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

No you keep trying to minimized the effectiveness of the vaccine with your roundabout method. Yes the vaccine isn't 100% but as stated above there is a huge difference in hospitalization and contracting the virus up to 40% in the worst cases. 

I'm not minimizing the effectiveness. I'm saying 5000 people getting together for a concert shoulder to shoulder is foolish even if the majority are vaccinated. People out here are acting like it's not a big deal and it is. Ignorance in large numbers is still Ignorance. While a lesser % may actually get really sick, just the sheer number being foolish increases the chance of more being hospitalized. 

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, Killah_Ray said:

I myself just got a call last night that my youngest child’s daycare is shut down due to a covid outbreak. 

My wife is a teacher and today marks my oldest child’s first day of kindergarten, needless to say I’m a nervous wreck at the moment. 

We’ve got kindergarten in a week. Feels like a given that we are just sending him out to get covid. I feel like I’m going to puke.

• Pie 5

14 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

sorry man. i am scared shitless my kid will get it. hope everyone's ok

If it's like the flu spread during flu season the schools will be a breeding ground for this delta virus.  I'm so glad my sons are out of school now.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

sorry man. i am scared shitless my kid will get it. hope everyone's ok

Same... I have a kid starting kindergarten and there is just no way you stop them from taking off mask and being safe...it's like your just waiting on them to bring it home like chicken pox or some bug.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, micnificent28 said:

Same... I have a kid starting kindergarten and there is just no way you stop them from taking off mask and being safe...it's like your just waiting on them to bring it home like chicken pox or some bug.

Home schooling seems like your answer...

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

If it's like the flu spread during flu season the schools will be a breeding ground for this delta virus.  I'm so glad my sons are out of school now.

Didn't we learn from last season it's not like the flu in those regards? There were certain constituents saying hey its like the flu it will die from the heat or dry air.. cold or something and that really didn't have an effect at all.

• Pie 1