• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smitty's commentary

Mr. Scot

Looking for opinions from those who saw it.

Smith was, as always, himself. His opinions were unfiltered, his stories were interesting and his football insights were... insightful.

On the downside, I'd like to think he had a roster sheet available to him but he kept getting player names wrong. Heck, he credited one play to Lano Hill (Hill was waived last Wednesday). Taylor Zarzour had to uncomfortably correct him a number of times.

Overall I'd say good, but also needs to work on a few things.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Smith was, as always, himself. His opinions were unfiltered, his stories were interesting and his football insights were... insightful.

On the downside, I'd like to think he had a roster sheet available to him but he kept getting player names wrong. Heck, he credited one play to Lano Hill (Hill was waived last Wednesday). Taylor Zarzour had to uncomfortably correct him a number of times.

Right before the game started he talked about the preseason practice and said we won on Wednesday and lost Thursday.  We lost on Thursday is correct but we won on Friday.

6 minutes ago, Jgsaltwater said:

I enjoyed Steve #89 

looking forward to more air time with him, he gives a player perspective many broadcasters lack. 

his honesty is appreciated. 

And, other than getting some names wrong, he was crazy smart, and had insights all over the field, not just WR.

My favorite quote from yesterday, "that flag is for being stupid!", against a Colts DB.

Edited by shaqattaq
  • Pie 2

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Noticed this but overall this is acceptable (to me).  Would rather have the occasional mistake with brutal honesty than polished empty commentary. I thought his announcing was raw and honest.  Overall he gave praise and criticism when it was needed.  He does seem to have a soft spot for Grier which I found interesting.  I don’t think he went so far to make excuses but did go in-depth on occasion to not heap blame on him.   Overall very refreshing. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I liked it. A lot of of honesty. You could tell he had his roster favorites but that's alright.

Our broadcast was much better and much more honest than the Colts'. If you were Colts fan taking their commentary to heart you would expect a roster of all future HOFers and would experience grave disappointment at anything less than an undefeated SB season.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

7 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Noticed this but overall this is acceptable (to me).  Would rather have the occasional mistake with brutal honesty than polished empty commentary. I thought his announcing was raw and honest.  Overall he gave praise and criticism when it was needed.  He does seem to have a soft spot for Grier which I found interesting.  I don’t think he went so far to make excuses but did go in-depth on occasion to not heap blame on him.   Overall very refreshing. 

You also have to take into account that 2/3 of the players on the field yesterday don't even make the team, let alone get meaningful snaps.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/19800000/-Two-Monkeys-a-Panda-Fanart-modern-family-19827078-500-564.jpg

• Pie 1

40 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I loved it.  All kinds of grace for whatever slip ups he had in the booth.  I think its a good omen that he's there and its just great to have him back in the Panther family where he belongs.

Good OP.

100.gif