• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB Controversy

CPsinceDay1

9 hours ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

I liked him coming out of the XFL, like Fitterer said his style of play...

If someone, like Sean Ryan(anti-Shula), worked with him, his ceiling is high. Looking back, at our FO moves, especially with Rhule, he believes in PJ enough to have him as insurance in case Darnold fails...he still was able to get his lockdown CB, which was needed, after all it's been Phil Snow Defense that's been the real reason for Rhule's success. 

And I don't hope Darnold fails, I just don't believe he will succeed, like most feel about PJ...

At least with PJ, there's hope...an unknown factor...which by the way, I liked how they had him cool it back some after week1...

Ya'll seen Fitterer's interview after that week 1 performance from PJ, and no sight of Darnold...

22778651_giphy(6).gif.0b71b02ddcd841b046a52f0302665ad2.gif

I will as again because you guys are dodging the question.  Who in the last 20 years does pj compare to?  What project qb can has ever worked?

8 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We'll see in the regular season. He was a checkdown king in preseason similar to Teddy. Smitty called him out numerous times for taking a 6-8 yard completion instead of targeting an open WR downfield.

Thats literally the offence. I'd take Bridgewater's season last year with the ability / mentality to hit the shot plays when they're called.

6 hours ago, Tinamedina said:

I believe broncos are just trying to put themselves in a better draft position, maybe i'm wrong but i don't know how teams expect to win with just checkdown's.

I think it’s waaaay to early to worry about draft position. Teddy will mess that up anyway. That’s part of the problem. He keeps you middle of the road with no upside…

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I think it’s waaaay to early to worry about draft position. Teddy will mess that up anyway. That’s part of the problem. He keeps you middle of the road with no upside…

A) their defense is going to be one of the best in the league

B) as you say its way too early to be thinking of draft picks

C) they had a chance to draft both Mac and fields and they didnt

• Pie 2

56 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Thats literally the offence. I'd take Bridgewater's season last year with the ability / mentality to hit the shot plays when they're called.

I guess you didn't see what Brady's offense looked like at LSU.

No offense calls for ignoring the open WR downfield to hit the checkdown.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I guess you didn't see what Brady's offense looked like at LSU.

No offense calls for ignoring the open WR downfield to hit the checkdown.

I almost certainly watch more College football than you.

The question is about how open a player is. He ignored Marshall for Moore on the preseason play Smith highlighted because the DB was playing 8 yards off Marshall. He did end up beating the him deep, but pre-snap that was the right read.

Brady's offence is about challenging teams vertically and horizontally. The emphasis is on moving the chains rather than trying to move the ball down the field on chunk plays.

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

No team plays less talented players to improve their Draft position. 

Bridgewater is a steadier, more experienced, hand than Lock. Physically he has less upside, but he's also started at 4 franchises now. He's a safer bet than Lock (who half the fan base hates anyway).

They're going to lean heavily on their defence to win games and just ask the offence not to turn the ball over.

The Broncos aren't exactly known for their stellar quarterback evaluation and decision making over the years. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Denver_Broncos_starting_quarterbacks

If Carolina isn't careful we could end up in similar qb purgatory. Except there won't be a Peyton Manning riding into town and the league won't be gift wrapping us a Super Bowl win.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

17 minutes ago, frankw said:

The Broncos aren't exactly known for their stellar quarterback evaluation and decision making over the years. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Denver_Broncos_starting_quarterbacks

If Carolina isn't careful we could end up in similar qb purgatory. Except there won't be a Peyton Manning riding into town and the league won't be gift wrapping us a Super Bowl win.

every team is in QB purgatory, until they aren’t. that’s the thing about top 10QBs…there’s only 10 of them.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

every team is in QB purgatory, until they aren’t. that’s the thing about top 10QBs…there’s only 10 of them.

You don't necessarily need a top 10 you just need someone who can make the necessary plays or you know..push the ball downfield. I have much hope for our young defense but I fear familiar results await us with this offensive line.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

A) their defense is going to be one of the best in the league

B) as you say its way too early to be thinking of draft picks

C) they had a chance to draft both Mac and fields and they didnt

They have an under rated set of skill players too. Sutton looks to be 100% back from his ACL and Jeudy is a good receiver. Fant is a top 10 TE, and by Week 4, more people than just the state of NC and Fantasy Football players are going to know the name Javonte Williams.. 

3 hours ago, OldhamA said:

No team plays less talented players to improve their Draft position. 

Bridgewater is a steadier, more experienced, hand than Lock. Physically he has less upside, but he's also started at 4 franchises now. He's a safer bet than Lock (who half the fan base hates anyway).

They're going to lean heavily on their defence to win games and just ask the offence not to turn the ball over.

Yeah exactly. They feel Teddy puts them in the best position to win. The main question is do they want their team to grow and develop with the younger QB who has a lower floor, but higher ceiling or roll with steady Teddy and count on their defense (as you stated) to win games. Kind of a long term vs short term plan.  I can see then trying out Lock again if they start off bad. 

*No teams except the Eagles play less talented players to improve their draft position.

• Beer 1