• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB Controversy

CPsinceDay1

I was all for PJ taking TB5 place last year because he brought energy and a flash to our offense.  If PJ were to take Darnold's spot we better put our best pass radius receivers on the field.  His accuracy is not very good.  

If there were a true competition at QB this year.  IMO it would be Grier and that's a stretch.  Darnold may or may not pan out.  Neither Grier or PJ are the answer behind him. 

I wonder what the writer is going to say when we stash the competition on the PS. 

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I was all for PJ taking TB5 place last year because he brought energy and a flash to our offense.  If PJ were to take Darnold's spot we better put our best pass radius receivers on the field.  His accuracy is not very good.  

If there were a true competition at QB this year.  IMO it would be Grier and that's a stretch.  Darnold may or may not pan out.  Neither Grier or PJ are the answer behind him. 

I wonder what the writer is going to say when we stash the competition on the PS. 

PJ Walker problems can be worked out with development. It depends on the coaches

I hate to be pessimistic but I unfortunately do not have any confidence that we have a competent long term starter at QB on the roster. PJ may turn into a decent backup with some development who knows but I don't see a starter in him at all unfortunately and I definitely don't see one in Grier and hate that I feel the way I do but do not feel Darnold is the long term solution either just by the limited things I've seen. I admit I've seen limited action on Darnold but I haven't been overly blown away with what I have. Perhaps if Darnold was an actual totally green rookie I would have hope but not with a few years in the league under his belt even if he was playing in an absolute poo storm in NY. I am happy Teddy is gone but I think the best we have on our roster at QB is maybe a very decent backup in Darnold or potentially PJ Walker if he can get that accuracy better. Waker is exciting to watch though and he has something I cant explain when I see him play. Don't think it translates to a starter but could be a fun backup.