• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Summary of Darnold's day

Zod

My problem with Teddy wasn't the scheme, nor that he took what the defense gave him... it was he actively avoided the shots that were there down field or was physically unable to make others... If Darnold can make a couple more of those deep throws per game it'll open up so much more of the short and intermediate stuff too.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Martin said:

I agree with you that it is worth watching. What I think is the difference is that Sam won’t be afraid to take a shot when it presents itself. Teddy on the other hand essentially passed out with fear if he had to go deep. I’m hopeful, but we’ll see.

No clue.  Lot of unknowns about what Darnold will look like here.   

we need Darnold to take shots.  Will he take them when he needs to?  No one knows.   

• Notes from Baltimore:
  • Even with Marlon Humphrey sidelined, Baltimore's secondary made it difficult for Panthers quarterback Sam Darnold to find open receivers, particularly in the red zone. Tavon Young had an impressive breakup, elevating to knock the ball away from D.J. Moore. Darnold didn't throw much in Marcus Peters' direction, because there wasn't much daylight. Undrafted safety Ar'Darius Washington brought cheers from the Ravens' sidelines when he dove to deflect a pass in the end zone. Rookie receiver Shi Smith caught one deep pass working against Geno Stone, but for the most part, Baltimore's secondary had its way.

29 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

Darnold is going to be treated like a rookie they want to see growth through the year. This isn’t a drop Tom Brady into the side situation 

Well, 4th year starters just aren’t going to get the rookie benefit of the doubt or patience.  That’s the NFL.  

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Well, 4th year starters just aren’t going to get the rookie benefit of the doubt or patience.  That’s the NFL.  

I get management's talk has been about treating him like a rookie but you are right. He's got one to two years to prove he's a franchise QB.  Probably one to show consistent improvement and a second to take a big step up to being a quality starter.

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

Make no mistake, owners notice empty seats particularly one who wants said region to pony up for a new stadium. 

btw, does Tepper strike you as a patient man?  

Just my guess but I’m pretty sure that Tepper takes ‘the long view’ and thinks that getting it right is more important than getting it fast…  

Do any of you stop to think that maybe - just maybe - Rhule understands that his words have impact and what he says to the press is just as much if not more so for his players as it is for the fans? 

Calling out our WRs as a group. Because he knows as a group they are better than they were today and each individual has to take it upon himself to do better with help and encouragement from the group. Without saying so exactly he told them that the Raven cb's are good but as a group they have to be better. He also told them he is watching them 👀 and how they react in day #2 is important. 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, frankw said:

So the receivers had a bad day. What's the quarterbacks job? Lead your group and get your offense in sync. But you can't build any continuity from the bench. This is the best overall receiving corps we have seen in years as far as pure potential. This isn't Legedu Nannee or Philly Brown or Brenton Bersin or Kaelin Clay. You can't praise them and talk them up when it's convenient and then throw them under several buses when it's time to protect your guys confidence because his completion percentage doesn't paint a rosy picture. Sam is inevitably going to have some bumps along the way but you have to let him get through that if he is to restore his career here. The clock is ticking.

So after playing basically a simulated game in the heat and humidity, you want to trot our starting QB on 2 days rest to play in a meaningless game? 

I'm sorry & I really am but all at the same time you know what?... Sam Darnold simply is  no one other than Sam Darnold himself whenever youLOOK at the FACTS wether it's in a camp in the Carolinas or a regular season game at the Meadowlands.

6 minutes ago, bandu said:

I'm sorry & I really am but all at the same time you know what?... Sam Darnold simply is  no one other than Sam Darnold himself whenever youLOOK at the FACTS wether it's in a camp in the Carolinas or a regular season game at the Meadowlands.

uhh...sure.   He can only be...him.  🤷‍♂️

18 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

uhh...sure.   He can only be...him.  🤷‍♂️

yeah and my point being that his regular season  completion percentage during his tenure in New York combined is almost an  identical twin or let's say alike  going 19 of 36 in camp

• Pie 1

40 minutes ago, bandu said:

yeah and my point being that his regular season  completion percentage during his tenure in New York combined is almost an  identical twin or let's say alike  going 19 of 36 in camp

WINNER of the dumbest comment of the day.

It's one day of practice.  Receivers had a bad day, __it happens.  You take stats from a practice session and compare it to his days in NYC.  DUMB.  Sure he had a couple bad throws, as most NFL QBs do, but failed to acknowledge that the receivers had a number of drops which would destroyed your ridiculous comparison.   

This "I told you so" from this fan base is so disheartening.  It seems like the majority of posters on here want him to fail so they can say "I told you so."  Majority of these are the couch GMs that wanted Fields so badly that they grasp at anything they can to justify they are right.

Right or Wrong Sam Darnold is our QB so get used to it.  I pray you don't have an aneurism when he proves he is worth much more than we had to give up for him.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1