• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Still Want to Upgrade -- Via Trade??

SetfreexX

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I actually wanted Whitworth. But the difference was that he was a FA.

What could have been had we signed Whitworth instead of the Matt Kalil debacle.

As an aside, I stood right beside Whitworth holding a giant American flag for the season opener in 2019.  He had more grey in his beard than I did which was striking...

Also Sean McVay had a harem of young women visiting with his Napolean-sized ass before the game.  This was right after their SB appearance so he had his pick of LA's finest and most plastic

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Are we sure that's an upgrade? 🤔

I would rather trade for his teammate Jordan Mailata, he worked out at my gym over covid. He is a giant with some real athleticism. Would totally trade a 3 to 5th rounder for him.

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

My Eagles fan buddy speaks about him about like we did of Greg Little.

He's not the only one.

19 minutes ago, shaq said:

I would rather trade for his teammate Jordan Mailata, he worked out at my gym over covid. He is a giant with some real athleticism. Would totally trade a 3 to 5th rounder for him.

I'm not that familiar with him but I've heard good things attached to his name.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

The Seahawks? They're known for trading down in the first round, but I can't recall them trading away future first rounders with any kind of frequency. That kind of move is typically part of trading up.

The guy I recall being most famous for doing it several years in a row was Bobby Beathard when he was with the Chargers.

(and of course, he had a certain associate who picked up on that tendency)

Percy Harvin, Jimmy Graham, Jamal Adams, etc.

• Pie 2

The Seahawks? They're known for trading down in the first round, but I can't recall them trading away future first rounders with any kind of frequency. That kind of move is typically part of trading up.

The guy I recall being most famous for doing it several years in a row was Bobby Beathard when he was with the Chargers.

That was nice that you gave him a title like associate instead of “coffee boy”. 

if the extension is for Reddick, that would be cool.  It may be another year or two for Paradis.

If it's for DJax that's a very good thing.  We haven't seen his best, and apparently Rhule loves him.  Extending him for the duration for Horn's rookie contract lets us not worry about corner for a long time, something we haven't seen in our existence.   Not having to look for someone every year at a position of importance?

YARN | "That's good. One less thing. " | Forrest Gump (1994) | Video gifs  by quotes | e971fbbb | 紗

Nah the Seahawks went through a long stretch of trading away their 1sts for players around the league. They did it like three or four consecutive years in a very win now mentality. 

Edited by TheMostInterestingMan

It's a little late in the process to be realizing an oft injured lineman probably won't be able to be counted on for 17 games. Great that he's acknowledged a need but if we want a quality tackle it's going to take some serious draft capital to pull it off. Might wanna get that figured out with the opener coming up in less than a month. I guess all that talk about Moton on the left was just that. Giving the vibe of making it up as they go along. We'll see how it works out I'm hoping for the best.

Moore is a no brainer. Offer him the same deal as Moton. This year and next are still lower and 18M will be a bargain in the near future. 

Burns has another entire year before they can even discuss an extension. Have to wait until after 3rd year to talk about future. 

Anderson and DJax would be tough calls. Anderson is at his highest value. Only pause I would have is paying 2 WRs big money with all the OL issues and QB still being unsettled for the moment. DJax can be worth a new deal. He can also be a liability. But most folks say he played well enough last year and I didn’t see enough of y’all to say differently. If he will take something like 4/50M it would be a good deal. If he wants 15M/yr it’s a much tougher decision. 

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Then if Darnold flops and we watch some other team take a highly rated QB prospect with that pick... oh wee mayne.

Fitts and Rhule would truly be all in on Darnold at that point. If Darnold flops, they would have written their own obituary.

Shitting on Darnold again out of nowhere?

Oh wee mayne, indeed.