• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Still Want to Upgrade -- Via Trade??

SetfreexX

17 minutes ago, Ace420 said:

I was thinking the same thing. We could sweeten a deal with one of our wrs. I would hate to lose dj, robbie or Marshall, but LTs are expensive and it might take one of those guys.

What I don't like about Fitt's comment is that it seems like he has no faith in Brady Christianson if he is looking for a longterm answer. I was really hoping we could move moton to the left and put BC on the right. Looks like Moton is not working out at left tackle...

If we get a legit LT then we can slide BC inside and have Guard taken care of for the foreseeable future as well. He could be backup RT in the event Moton goes down, but I think the staff sees his future on the inside. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

A 35 year old tackle who's looking for big money...

Not my preference either, but it's not difficult to connect the dots as far as possibilities.

I agree….but…..if you look back on the Whitworth vs Kalil debate on age when we signed him, I believe the Rams are happy with those results.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

2022 first

2023 2nd.  

For sewell

Then if Darnold flops and we watch some other team take a highly rated QB prospect with that pick... oh wee mayne.

Fitts and Rhule would truly be all in on Darnold at that point. If Darnold flops, they would have written their own obituary.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If we never again trade away a future first rounder, that won't bother me at all.

You may have to prepare yourself mentally for it to happen though... How many straight years did the Hawks trade away their first round pick, like 7?

34 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

A 35 year old OT feels like the definition of a bandaid.

Exactly. No getting around that

Andrew Whitworth was an anomaly... I would rather us resign Okung than dump draft or trade capital into something that still might not work out

If that's where the team is at (not trusting Erving and how can you blame them), why not get some more run with Moton at LT and Christensen at RT and see if that can be a solution

Edited by Seltzer

25 minutes ago, t96 said:

I recall the same being said about Andrew Whitworth... Depending on what we'd have to give up I still think it could be an intriguing option. Could even slowly groom Moton to take over on the left side once he retired/moved on and then have Christensen at RT.

I actually wanted Whitworth. But the difference was that he was a FA.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, t96 said:

You may have to prepare yourself mentally for it to happen though... How many straight years did the Hawks trade away their first round pick, like 7?

The Seahawks? They're known for trading down in the first round, but I can't recall them trading away future first rounders with any kind of frequency. That kind of move is typically part of trading up.

The guy I recall being most famous for doing it several years in a row was Bobby Beathard when he was with the Chargers.

(and of course, he had a certain associate who picked up on that tendency)

18 minutes ago, Ace420 said:

You may be right. A first and a second rounder is a bit too much for a rookie that hasn't played a down yet though.

LTs bust way too much for me to be comfortable with that. If he really is good, I might would consider a smaller offer next year, buy i doubt any team would give up a young promising LT on a rookie deal though. Wishful thinking.

I was being facetious more or less busting on the lions for drafting him when they didn't need him and now making him change positions 

• Beer 1