• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not bringing in competition for Darnold or Slye was a huge mistake

hepcat

9 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I don’t know what their plan is with Sam but I hope you noticed that Lamar Jackson didn’t take a single snap. I don’t know what KC did during the week of practice but seems like Rhule and Harbaugh were both satisfied with the joint practice reps.

Can't be. We have shoe salesmen and garbage men telling everyone how bad the players, coaches and front office is. 

• Pie 1

43 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Slye I get, but Darnold? Dude attempted two passes.

Exactly! How is this Darnold not playing more???

How is there not a completion for the QB position? Darnold has done NOTHING to deserve the treatment he is getting. This isn’t some established veteran that doesn’t need reps. The Ravens not playing Lamar Jackson, I get it. Dude is an MVP caliber QB. Darnold has stunk it up his first 3 seasons. That is not a recipe for a winning team.

• Pie 1

This has muchadoaboutnothin. We a running vanilla offensive plays and showing 5% of the playbook. Slye is the bigger concern but Darnold 2 passes was simply to get him in game speed. Yea I think they shouldve let him play longer but I believe the joint practice from the colts to the ravens helped them to where they feel comfortable not throwing him out for a half. There has been a big improvement overall from the colts to the ravens. But Joey geez.

2 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Exactly! How is this Darnold not playing more???

How is there not a completion for the QB position? Darnold has done NOTHING to deserve the treatment he is getting. This isn’t some established veteran that doesn’t need reps. The Ravens not playing Lamar Jackson, I get it. Dude is an MVP caliber QB. Darnold has stunk it up his first 3 seasons. That is not a recipe for a winning team.

Id wager they dont want him out there until the line is decided and his top two weapons are in the game.... 

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Id wager they dont want him out there until the line is decided and his top two weapons are in the game.... 

and they’d give less of a sh*t about the line if they had a backup plan at QB. They are scared as f*ck to start PJ or Grier

I can see not bringing in any competition for Sam, as they really committed to him. Once they passed on Fields, it was Sam's team for 2021. What I can't see is not bringing in more competition to push Walker on out the door. Grier could leave right behind him, but I've always viewed him as more of a project on development curve. 

As for Slye, I just don't see any excuse. All the "there's no one better" and all that BS is just that: BS! If the Ravens can get a kicker in our backyard, what's our fuging excuse? 

The problem is that Rhule is too damned comfortable with mediocrity at certain positions. Starting QB? Hopefully not! Backup QB? Yes! Kicker? fug yeah! And as far as I'm concerned, Tepper needs to give him a kick in the ass. If we can see a problem, then Rhule (and by extension, Fitterer) needs to see the problem with clarity.

42 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I don’t know what their plan is with Sam but I hope you noticed that Lamar Jackson didn’t take a single snap. I don’t know what KC did during the week of practice but seems like Rhule and Harbaugh were both satisfied with the joint practice reps.

Two important factors here (1) Jackson is a former unanimous MVP of the league and Harbaugh knows exactly what he has with him and (2) Jackson is also just getting over his second bout of COVID-19. Not exactly an apples to apples situation.  

• Beer 1