• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could Panthers be trading for a kicker?

TheSpecialJuan

23 minutes ago, Newbie said:

The fact that he can’t beat out Gano, tells me everything I need to know. 

Gano was one of the most accurate kickers in the NFL last year.  He missed 1 fg, a 57 yarder.  He was 31 of 32.  No chance this guy would beat out Gano unless they go with younger/cheaper.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Pie 2

6 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Santoso is interesting.  He is HUGE stature-wise.  He's built like Gronk or Kelce 😂, and he has plenty of experience kicking and punting.  

I looked up more on Verity too (the backup K from ECU with the Ravens), and he had a couple of college seasons over 80%, but I think was sub 70 in his senior year.  But, seems like overall he is more accurate than Slye has been.  He also apparently kicked a 63 yards in high school, so there's that.

I don't get the obsession with the 60+ yard FG's. We know Slye isn't likely to even hit any of those nor are most kickers in the NFL. The scenario where you are even having to attempt those kind of kicks means your offense couldn't get it done in some fashion.

• Pie 1