• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ranking the rookie QBS

ladypanther

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-preseason-week-2-winners-losers-mitchell-trubisky-gets-his-revenge-jamarr-chase-has-the-drops/

Zach Wilson at the top here.  Lots of good things are being said about him.  Hope the Panther D will be ready to give him a good Welcome to the NFL Rookie.

. Zach Wilson (Jets)
Week 2 stats: 9-11, 128 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, 154.7 rating

Preseason stats are pretty darn meaningless. But the eye test is not. And Wilson is passing it with flying colors. Not only did the BYU product produce an efficient stat line in New York's win, but he once again showcased the fluid, flick-of-the-wrist arm talent that convinced the Jets to draft him No. 2 overall. Maybe, in real games, he'll throw himself into trouble, but he sure as heck seems capable of throwing himself out of it, too. This guy made some magic in limited Week 2 action, and he's got the stuff to make more.

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

wilson looked really sharp in his second preseason game. lawrence looked good last night too, but the rest of his team was terrible. 

Trevor is in the worst spot of all the QBs.  Bad supporting cast + Urban Meyer.   Jets HC at least has some NFL sense to him.  

He gonna get Joe Burrowed this year and get broken. 

Jags should not have drafted Etienne with their first round pick. So dumb.  They already had a cheap and promising RB coming off a great rookie year.  Better off trading that pick for a offensive lineman or drafting OL talent.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

12 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I just can't see any of the rookie QBs having winning seasons this year. Not saying it won't happen, just tough to envision. Trey Lance is the only one I think could do it, but it would involve the 49ers leading every game and deploying a run heavy offense. 

Lance will likely see mostly the bench this season. I think the 49ers have a longer term view of him. If the Bears were smart they would do the same with Fields. 

Both of those guys have veteran QB's already of them that give them the luxury of sitting. Lawrence and Wilson are fuged. It just is what it is. Better learn quick, rookies.

• Pie 2

I think Lance, Mac, Fields all have potential to be on teams that win this year.  Has more to do with how those teams are built than the QBs themselves.  I think any 3 of those teams have potential pull a winning season without asking a lot from a QB.