• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

need a Kicker?

Captain Obvious

9 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Joey, you aren't getting it done. Maybe you can take this failure and turn into success with your next team.

Or maybe Joey's mom/dad/sibling. Definitely has to be related to be defending him at this point.

No facts I see

nice try though 

17 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Coulda drafted Trey Smith who's balling for the Chiefs

Can we honestly not do this again?

People cherry picking that ONE guy that we COULD have drafted instead of...

That's the nature of the Draft. You win some, you lose a lot. 

• Pie 3

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Might be one of the worst 6th round draft picks in franchise history. 

Nah, we got a bunch of media exposure for that pick / phone call. 

He's already contributed more to the brand than Gaffney, Wilson, Williams, Pike et al. 

8 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Nah, we got a bunch of media exposure for that pick / phone call. 

He's already contributed more to the brand than Gaffney, Wilson, Williams, Pike et al. 

We aren't a Division III college. We are an NFL team. A second of viral fame amongst a group of people(NFL fans) that have already known our team exists, is the most useless thing imaginable in terms of return on a pick. It didn't sell a jersey, a hat, a ticket, nothing. 

If he gets cut(which seems likely), he will have contributed much less than most or all of the 6th round picks we have made, simply because his position does so very little, even in practice. 

There is nothing dramatically impactful about whiffing on a 6th round pick. It's largely expected. It's the overwhelming level of stupidity associated with that decision that is irksome. 

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Beer 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

We aren't a Division III college. We are an NFL team. A second of viral fame amongst a group of people(NFL fans) that have already known our team exists, is the most useless thing imaginable in terms of return on a pick. It didn't sell a jersey, a hat, a ticket, nothing. 

If he gets cut(which seems likely), he will have contributed much less than most or all of the 6th round picks we have made, simply because his position does so very little, even in practice. 

There is nothing dramatically impactful about whiffed on a 6th round pick. It's largely expected. It's the overwhelming level of stupidity associated with that decision that is irksome. 

I've just listed 4 guys that literally did nothing here - I only went back a decade (it's amazing how few 6th round picks we actually had). 

They drafted him as competition for Jansen - albeit Jansen plays a position like K that you can clearly play into your 40s (you're not even allowed to line up over the LS anymore). I wouldn't have spent a Draft pick on a LS, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it - they've drafted exceptionally well so far. 

And again, it's the positive exposure. You're always trying to push out positive / feel-good messages. That phone call went national (international if you include me). 

4 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I've just listed 4 guys that literally did nothing here - I only went back a decade (it's amazing how few 6th round picks we actually had). 

They drafted him as competition for Jansen - albeit Jansen plays a position like K that you can clearly play into your 40s (you're not even allowed to line up over the LS anymore). I wouldn't have spent a Draft pick on a LS, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it - they've drafted exceptionally well so far. 

And again, it's the positive exposure. You're always trying to push out positive / feel-good messages. That phone call went national (international if you include me). 

Most of those other players for at least an offseason actually practiced with the offense or defense as a camp body. You can't even say that for a LS

I understand the need to find some value in the move, but if he doesn't end up as our future long snapper, it will still be an incredibly stupid pick. The "feel good" has already been forgotten by 95% of the people that saw it. We(Panthers fans) are probably the only people that actually remember it anymore.

19 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Coulda drafted Trey Smith who's balling for the Chiefs

We get it. 32 teams knew Trey Smith had more talent than where he was drafted. There are a lot of health problems. I don't wish ill on the kid, hope he has an All-Pro career, but when/if he plays 10 games over three seasons, will all of you shut up about him? 

• Beer 1

The Huddle is like the pack of Baboons I cycled up on in South Africa.  A car drove buy them and honked to get them out of the road. It caused a 30 minute all out bloodbath monkey war over nothing. 

We trade a conditional nothing pick for a well regarded kicker that everyone agreed needed to be done. Now its a shitshow. 

What is wrong with this place?

Edited by Moo Daeng
  • Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

The Huddle is like the pack of Baboons I cycled up on in South Africa.  A car drove buy them and honked to get them out of the road. It caused a 30 minute all out bloodbath monkey war over nothing. 

We trade a conditional nothing pick for a well regarded kicker that everyone agreed needed to be done. Now its a shitshow. 

What is wrong with this place?

is he a well regarded kicker? 

last time he kicked was 2015 in college…and they took him off FGs because he wasn’t good.  Sounds like something still needs to be done. 

But pie coming your way for the opening analogy.  You right there lol