• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Final 53

4 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

Agree with most everything other than I think they will keep PJ over Grier and in lieu of keeping a FB, either Christian Miller or Phil Hoskins makes the team

I want a young QB on the PS as the #3.  Do not know why all #3QBs are not young and developing players on the PS.  Saves a roster spot, but causes a clipboard to go unheld.

1 hour ago, Ace420 said:

I mostly agree. I hate to stash Hoskins though

I think he will get picked up of we do. I would like to keep him. He has made plays against the pass and the run in preseason.

Agree I think we drop Bonnafon and keep Hoskins.  Also doubt Ricci makes the team.  Also think we almost certainly pick up a LB and OL

I would personally also move 1 of our QBs to the PS and sign a vet to the AR

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Ace420 said:

I think he will get picked up of we do. I would like to keep him. He has made plays against the pass and the run in preseason.

I struggled with Hoskins---I hope you are right and not me.  Personally, I think we could go Fullbackless...Tremble can lead block.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Ace420 said:

What's Hoskins done to earn a roster spot?

I had a quick look at the Colts footage this afternoon. He was getting stonewalled most plays - even got pancaked on one. 

4 minutes ago, Ace420 said:

Without rewatching the games, I am pretty sure he had a sack and a TFL in limited action. Plus we need him as a large DT because most of our DTs are small pass rusher DE hybrids. We need to develop him as a run stopper IMO.

Jones and Brown are huge. 

Not that it's a big deal, but for the record I only count 79 currently on roster.

As far as predicting the final 53, Fitterer trading every other day makes it tough 😄

Heaven knows what he'll do when everybody's final cuts are out there.

Edited by Mr. Scot

Oh, just a FYI, I looked up the practice squad stuff the other day because of the backup QB talk.  Plenty of room to stash either.  Both would qualify.  I had questioned if they both were eligible. 

• Expansion of practice squads to 16 players, including up to six who have more than two accrued seasons.

• The ability to protect up to four practice squad players per week from being signed by other teams

I am still a fan of adding a older vet and basically telling him, your job is to simply be a good voice in the film room.    PJ and Will don't really offer much to our Sam Experiment. 

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

I struggled with Hoskins---I hope you are right and not me.  Personally, I think we could go Fullbackless...Tremble can lead block.

That’s what I’m hoping for.  I’d love to keep Hoskins on the 53, he’s impressed in his time here so far.  Tremble would excel in those FB looks so that saves a spot like you said.   I think you’re pretty spot on, but I also think we keep PJ over Grier.  Like 3 of those picks were in the last Saints game where we were down big, and he was just slinging it trying to make a play.  Plus, I hate to be on the meme train about this, but he also went to Temple so Rhule’s more familiar with him.