• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton Released

WaterBoy

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

I think Cam was great, but I really try to think of him as another team's player (since going to NE).  If he came here, he would try to beat us, and there would be Panther fans cheering for him.  That ain't right.

Depends on the situation. I was absolutely hoping that Rivera and his WFT squad would beat us last year. Why? Because that's what was in the Panthers' best interests. Even if we had zero interest in Trey Lance, just look at that draft haul we would've gotten from the Niners. 

2 hours ago, PizzaTheHutt said:

Can Cam's ego handle being a backup somewhere? That is uncharted territory for him. Dude definitely deserves better treatment than he's gotten....but really how much does he have left in the tank? He's had the poop beaten out of him ever since he joined the league. 

I'm sure Cam would have no issue with playing backup. Problem is dude has a big personality and he's popular with players, so depending on the team and starting QB that could make for an awkward locker room. Kind of a reverse Steve Smith situation.

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Albert Breer, a premiere NFL insider disagrees with you.   Cam got beat out by a rookie

Than why did Mac never take the field with the starters? Why did he get most his playing time vs teams 2nd and 3rd stringers ? Beat reporters love leaving context out 

Nearly the entire nfl either played there’s 1’s limited or not at all, but I’m supposed to be convinced playing Jones nearly the entire half in 3 mealiness preseason games was a indication of him being a starter, it’s simple cam wants vaxxed, Mac is and there’s not a wide enough gap between cam and Mac(passing wise) to warrant carrying the risk that comes with a non vaxxed qb

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Boston really doesn't do itself any favors regarding the widespread opinion that it's a racist ass city.

Wait so you are equating buying Mac Jones jerseys to being racist.

Forget that the whole North is racist AF but buying jerseys?

27 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

Reading some of their tweets even before Cam got cut made me cringe.

Man reading anything from beat reporters was just clear cut bias, any other qbs beating up on 2nd and 3rd stringers we’d not bat a eye but they are so determined to over hype Mac in spite of there hate for cam they are going to ruin the kid. 

Barring he just goes full Herbert to start it’s going to be tough sledding for that pats team 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Wait so you are equating buying Mac Jones jerseys to being racist.

Forget that the whole North is racist AF but buying jerseys?

No. I'm saying that Boston has a reputation and their actions - intentional or not - generally do a great job of reinforcing that reputation.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Than why did Mac never take the field with the starters? Why did he get most his playing time vs teams 2nd and 3rd stringers ? Beat reporters love leaving context out 

Nearly the entire nfl either played there’s 1’s limited or not at all, but I’m supposed to be convinced playing Jones nearly the entire half in 3 mealiness preseason games was a indication of him being a starter, it’s simple cam wants vaxxed, Mac is and there’s not a wide enough gap between cam and Mac(passing wise) to warrant carrying the risk that comes with a non vaxxed qb

He split the preseason practice with the ones and played the entire joint practice against the giants with the ones.  Maybe like rhule and co, Bill B values that joint practices over preseason games.

Just now, Cpt slay a ho said:

Man reading anything from beat reporters was just clear cut bias, any other qbs beating up on 2nd and 3rd stringers we’d not bat a eye but they are so determined to over hype Mac in spite of there hate for cam they are going to ruin the kid. 

Barring he just goes full Herbert to start it’s going to be tough sledding for that pats team 

Nothing has changed about my opinion of Mac Jones since he was drafted. Kirk Cousins/Jared Goff is probably his NFL ceiling. If Belichick wins more rings with Mac then I very seriously doubt we see him usurped as the GOAT in our lifetime.

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He split the preseason practice with the ones and played the entire joint practice against the giants with the ones.  Maybe like rhule and co, Bill B values that joint practices over preseason games.

And he played majority the snaps with the giants because of covid misunderstanding with cam, before that he was out snapped by cam regularly. Why risk injury with mac(took 4 sacks in the final preseason game) if he’s winning the qb competition ? 

let’s not complicate things, it’s cause he’s not vaxxed and he’s not far far better than Mac to carry a risk like that and still keep his starting role 

Edited by Cpt slay a ho