• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Moore cut

Captain Morgan

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

He was part the plan until the draft happened.  The team didn't know who was going to be available to them in the draft.  I'm glad the didn't decide to pass on Marshallor Smith just because they had Moore.  

Now don't come at me with the QB argument because I've got nothing on that one. I cannot decipher their master plan on that one.  Just when I think I know where they are going with it they throw me a knuckle ball.

I personally like the idea of ridding yourself of players that no longer fit the plan. But my question is... how often should your plan be changing? Now we have a new FO so they have a direction and a mold/culture that players must fit. And not saying this is a now problem, but maybe down the line we revisit this?

COVID and injuries occur and you should have backup plans for that, not referring to that. 

1 minute ago, CarolinaLivin said:

I personally like the idea of ridding yourself of players that no longer fit the plan. But my question is... how often should your plan be changing? Now we have a new FO so they have a direction and a mold/culture that players must fit. And not saying this is a now problem, but maybe down the line we revisit this?

COVID and injuries occur and you should have backup plans for that, not referring to that. 

Good point, but let me add that I don't think anyone saw Marshall there at the end of round 2 (wasn't he like pick 57 or something?) I think when we picked him, Moore's fate was sealed.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Good point, but let me add that I don't think anyone saw Marshall there at the end of round 2 (wasn't he like pick 57 or something?) I think when we picked him, Moore's fate was sealed.

Just throwing it out there to see what people think. Im honestly not concerned about it at this point for the very point that you made.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

This team values Ian Thomas much more than the fans evidently.  When I was at practice, he got a lot of reps with the 1's.  I think he is going to get way more playing time in this offense than people think.

Reading the tea leaves, the offense we have shown in the preseason much be radically different than what we plan to run when the season starts

Let's hope this is the year he shows us something then. 

3 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

Given that they are still trying to make do with whatever they've managed to scrap together from two drafts and the FA scrap heap I would say that change is going to be a regular occurrence for awhile.   It's called a rebuild for a reason. 

• Pie 1