• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

4th youngest team in the league as of cutdown day

trueblade

As of 8/31/2021 at 7:35 p.m., we are fourth youngest team in the league.

• Jets 25.1
  • Lions 25.2
  • Browns 25.3
  • Panthers 25.3 
  • Jaguars 25.5 

These young guys would be used to Rhule's college ways. It might be helping with Rhule's transition to be so young. 

Edited by trueblade
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Definitely not good company to be in, or something we should be excited about.

While we certainly needed to trim the fat, it's sad to say but it looks like the team was mostly fat.  Hopefully we've drafted well and can start retaining our talent at reasonable rates.  That will help.

8 minutes ago, frankw said:

That list isn't exactly prestigious company. Some serious playoffs droughts in there. Let's hope some leaders stand out for us this season.

Browns at 3, Rams at 6 and Indy at 8 are the only playoff teams in the top 10. Tampa at 30, and KCC at 23.

Edited by trueblade

I think with a new owner, new GM and a second-year coach who are driven to get rid of every player they didn't draft/didn't coach at Temple or Baylor, there's naturally going to be a lot of turnover. It's a smart ploy by any coach: keep fielding a college team every year and when you don't win, just call it a rebuild. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

They're proof that picking top-5 enough, and landing good players doing so, can turn you around. Thinking we're next in line to try that.

Agree - but only once Baker Mayfield turned things around.  Let's hope Darnold can do the same.

Just now, NAS said:

Agree - but only once Baker Mayfield turned things around.  Let's hope Darnold can do the same.

Myles Garrett hasn't been so bad when he keeps his helmet on. I'd definitely be more optimistic about our chances of turning things around if I weren't so convinced the coach is more interested in serving as the Temple Owls' job bank. 

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, BrianS said:

Definitely not good company to be in, or something we should be excited about.

While we certainly needed to trim the fat, it's sad to say but it looks like the team was mostly fat.  Hopefully we've drafted well and can start retaining our talent at reasonable rates.  That will help.

It takes time for our rookie core to become seasoned vets. We really have not completed building the core either. There's 2 obvious positions still to sort out, being LT and QB. One could include  MLB in there also.  But it's looking better with every draft.  Having to start all those rookies speak to how awful the roster was when Rhule got here.  If they can pull off two more like it I like our odds of dominating the nfc south.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

It takes time for our rookie core to become seasoned vets. We really have not completed building the core either. There's 2 obvious positions still to sort out, being LT and QB. One could include  MLB in there also.  But it's looking better with every draft.  Having to start all those rookies speak to how awful the roster was when Rhule got here.  If they can pull off two more like it I like our odds of dominating the nfc south.

Yep. We got sold a long rebuild and it is likely to be that. Still a long way to go. 

• Beer 2