• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can this guy really be "THE GUY" for the Aints

CarolinaLivin

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Well, that’s also why I said imagine if he had that pass load on his shoulders and didn’t just say if he had those pass attempts.  Winston put up the 8th most yards in NFL history the year being talked about 

So you can just look at the INT% and pass attempts and pull your number.  But the 626 pass attempts would only project a 2020 Sam Darnold  as having a 3000+ yard season if you look at yards.   Which wouldn’t really be a comparable load asked of the two IMO.  

You responded to someone talking specifically about interceptions and how Darnold has a reputation for being "turnover prone".  So when talking specifically about interceptions, we can easily extrapolate how many Darnold would have thrown if he had Winston's pass attempts.  You sneaking in Winston's yardage has no relevancy to that specific discussion which is why I ignored it...those are two separate discussions.  It doesn't seem like a difficult concession to say that Darnold is less turnover prone than Jameis, but for some reason it's becoming obvious that you have some aversion to even hinting at anything remotely positive about Darnold, no matter how trivial.  If you can't even simply acknowledge that Darnold is less turnover prone than the MOST turnover prone active QB in the NFL, then it's really hard to take you seriously when it comes to any rational discussions about Darnold.

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

I’m not super stoked about Darnold. I watched him at USC and never quite understood why he was so hyped. He always felt like a 2nd-3rd round project QB to me. I’m not that optimistic he’s the guy but hoping for the best. Really wish there was a plan B on the roster. 

Jameis made sense where he was drafted. He’s shown he can play in the NFL but needs a situation more tailored to his skills and a risk averse offense. I think he turns it around in New Orleans. I’d rather have Jameis right now on this Panthers offense than Darnold.

Like a lot of QBs he was projected. He's a height, weight, build, arm strength projection who had good success in College.

The polished article rarely comes out of College. 

As for Famous J - he's a rapist, so no thank you. 

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Brace yourself, but Winston's career INT% is 3.4 vs Darnold's 3.2. Over their careers they've been roughly equal at throwing INTs. Winston has averaged 0.6 fumbles per game to Darnold's 0.4.

Turnover wise, they're very close. There's a huge gap in yardage and TDs though.

Once you apply some context, it seems a lot more favorable when you have one QB with by far his highest INT% his rookie year (3.6%) and then tapering off the last two years (2.9%, 3.0%), versus a QB who has played 5 full seasons and has trended UPWARDS significantly in INT% his last three seasons: 2.5 -> 3.7 -> 4.8.  Trends are important and a veteran QB trending in the wrong direction is alarming.

I'm not arguing that Darnold is better than Jameis, I can easily acknowledge that career-wise Darnold has been pretty piss-poor.  I'm simply saying it's fine to acknowledge that he's less turnover prone than Winston...that's a slam dunk and not even in any way a glowing endorsement of Darnold lol.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Once you apply some context, it seems a lot more favorable when you have one QB with by far his highest INT% his rookie year (3.6%) and then tapering off the last two years (2.9%, 3.0%), versus a QB who has played 5 full seasons and has trended UPWARDS significantly in INT% his last three seasons: 2.5 -> 3.7 -> 4.8.  Trends are important and a veteran QB trending in the wrong direction is alarming.

I'm not arguing that Darnold is better than Jameis, I can easily acknowledge that career-wise Darnold has been pretty piss-poor.  I'm simply saying it's fine to acknowledge that he's less turnover prone than Winston...that's a slam dunk and not even in any way a glowing endorsement of Darnold lol.

If we're talking about trends, we definitely don't want to look at yards and TDs.

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we're talking about trends, we definitely don't want to look at yards and TDs.

Who are you arguing with on yards and TDs?  Lol who has said Darnold compares favorably to Jameis in those categories?

Turnovers: Darnold > Jameis

Yards/TDs: Jameis >>>>>>>>> Darnold

Is that clear enough?  Can we agree on these basic facts?

Edited by MasterAwesome

2 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Who are you arguing with on yards and TDs?  Lol who has said Darnold compares favorably to Jameis in those categories?

Turnovers: Darnold > Jameis

Yards/TDs: Jameis >>>>>>>>> Darnold

Is that clear enough?  Can we agree on these basic facts?

Have you actually been reading my posts? Why so triggered?