• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sean Ryan on key Darnold improvement (P-Wire's Rizzuti) & my $0.02

top dawg

16 hours ago, bigdavis said:

IMO, this whole "happy feet" syndrome has been way overblown.

It stems mostly from Steve Smith's on-air comments, early in the last broadcast.  Maybe Smith should stick to critiquing WRs, CBs, and route running, about which he's an expert.  He's never been a QB, never thrown a pass, to my knowledge, and has never stood in any pocket, under a rush.

Try to recall the footwork of Peyton Manning.  I think that would be described as "happy feet," when in reality, it's far better than standing flat-footed.  Manning chose that method to be better prepared to launch in any direction.  I'd describe it, not as "happy feet,' but as versatile and athletic footwork.

This is a very generous observation. It was a very big issue Sam's first three years. Sammy's below the waist technique was worse in year 3 than it was in year one. Any halfway decent and capable coach should be able to improve it considering Gase et. all didn't know their a$$ from the their elbow.

5 hours ago, NiceDreams said:

This is a very generous observation. It was a very big issue Sam's first three years. Sammy's below the waist technique was worse in year 3 than it was in year one. Any halfway decent and capable coach should be able to improve it considering Gase et. all didn't know their a$$ from the their elbow.

Think about what you just said :

Sammy's below the waist technique was worse in year 3 than it was in year one.

What was the difference from year one to year 3?    Adam Gase came in Year 2 and then 3 and thoroughly f*cked him up. 

10 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Think about what you just said :

Sammy's below the waist technique was worse in year 3 than it was in year one.

What was the difference from year one to year 3?    Adam Gase came in Year 2 and then 3 and thoroughly f*cked him up. 

Ummmmm......?

5 hours ago, NiceDreams said:

Any halfway decent and capable coach should be able to improve it considering Gase et. all didn't know their a$$ from the their elbow.

• Flames 1

8 hours ago, hepcat said:

Gantt really pulled a quote from that article about Darnold and used it for PJ? Cmon bro do better.

Yeah he pulled it from the Ryan's presser. Still a lack of professionalism. At least know who the person is referring to before you write something on it. Being that they both work for the Panthers, it's almost unbelievable.

23 hours ago, bigdavis said:

IMO, this whole "happy feet" syndrome has been way overblown.

Try to recall the footwork of Peyton Manning.  I think that would be described as "happy feet," when in reality, it's far better than standing flat-footed.  Manning chose that method to be better prepared to launch in any direction.  I'd describe it, not as "happy feet,' but as versatile and athletic footwork.

I agree with your statement, but using the word "athletic" to describe Peyton Manning is not a word I would use (relatively speaking, of course.) 😛

But to your point, his body language often had the visual appearance of being panicked in the pocket, especially in reference to his feet, despite the reasons for these "happy feet" as you mentioned.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, top dawg said:

Yeah he pulled it from the Ryan's presser. Still a lack of professionalism. At least know who the person is referring to before you write something on it. Being that they both work for the Panthers, it's almost unbelievable.

That’s a David Newton move geez. And he works for the team now.

• Pie 1