• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Starting RG on covid list

CRA

Just now, NAS said:

Ummm what? I think you misunderstood something  

Yeah that response confused me, so the recap:

• Rhule is vacc'd
  • Miller was not, and contracted covid this week
  • Daley is starting but Rhule did confirm Brown is the next man up in the presser
  • Elflein still sucks

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4

30 minutes ago, CRA said:

Rhule just confirmed he is unvaccinated 

Next up is Dailey, then Brown

and they still don’t know he will return punts.   So it sounds like there are high odds that someone will be making there first PR of their career Sunday (college or pros)…..which makes the odds of muffed punts super high.  

Daley is gonna return punts??? 

Jimmy Fallon Yes GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, NAS said:

Ummm what? I think you misunderstood something  

3 minutes ago, davos said:

Yeah that response confused me, so the recap:

• Rhule is vacc'd
  • Miller was not, and contracted covid this week
  • Daley is starting but Rhule did confirm Brown is the next man up in the presser
  • Elflein still sucks

CRA just said this :

Rhule just confirmed he is unvaccinated 

It sounded like Rhule was saying that he himself was unvaccinated so I misunderstood the context of the message.

Did not realize he was referring to Miller.

Edited by glenwo2

6 minutes ago, UpstatePantherfan said:

Again, you are making an assumption that they weren't vaxxed though. Seeing as how a majority of people in this country are vaxxed, there is a better chance of them being vaxxed then not being vaxxed. 

And if they aren't vaxxed and still choose to go, then that's on them. I'm sorry, Ive become a cold hearted SOB. I'm  vaccinated and I'm frankly tired of being told not to do certain things just to protect the idiots that refuse to get vaxxed. 

The best part of humanity is giving up comfort for the well-being of others. 

• Beer 3

3 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

At some schools ya the kids may be vaccinated, such as the team UNC played, just to be a school. It doesn’t mean it’s all kids in the building/stands and they can still spread covid like wildfire. 

We just have two different mindsets. My mindset is if someone is eligible to be vaxxed, and refuses to be vaxxed and chooses to go in high risk situations, then they have to pay the consequences. 

This applies to anything in life really, if a idiot refuses to wear a motorcycle helmet and ends up dead or in a coma, then that's on him. He knew the risk, ignored the warnings and he made his choice and he lives with the consequences. That's what I teach my kids 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We've warned repeatedly about COVID misinformation. Who else wants to see themselves out?

Zack's initial statement could be put a lot better.

The COVID vaccine does change poo in certain ways:  you are way less likely to get what I suppose is termed the Alpha variant, but you aren't completely immune to COVID and it's variants that are now out there.  Yes, being vaccinated likely means you won't get as sick with COVID in any of it's forms, but there is no guarantee that someone who is vaccinated can't get very sick.

Is it best to be vaccinated?  Yes.  Does being vaccinated protect you from COVID completely?  No.

Are there a lot of people who could be helping things in the US by getting vaccinated?  Yes.  Will this change the ultimate course of this endemic?  Most likely not due to the fact that a majority of the world will not be vaccinated in a timely fashion to shut COVID variants down. 

COVID is endemic, there will be many variants and we as a human race have to accept the fact that we failed miserably to contain it.  Hopefully this is a lesson the world can learn from and be prepared for a global response next time......of course we need a good 10-20 years after we get COVID under control to implement any sort of plan and world leadership that is competent enough to do it.  Even then you'll have anti-vaxxers who buck the system and ultimately although I am pro-vaccination I agree that it is their body.

Zack's statement, although very poorly written, has validity and I wouldn't ban him for it but ask that he elaborate why "the COVID vaccine doesn't change poo."  If they can't articulate why then ban them.

• Poo 1

6 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I am in the significant minority but I don't want to go back to mask mandates or anything else. The people that are still unvaccinated made their choice. The data shows that vaccination is a smart choice and will likely keep you from being seriously ill. If the minority of the population doesn't get on board......fug 'em. 

I did the right thing for over a year and I followed all the guidance.  I will just be as selfish as the anti-mask squad and the anti-vaxx squad. Good luck with your Herman Cain Award nominations.

Edit: I will say that I continue to respect every business that posts on their establishment to wear a mask. I don't view it any differently than a "shoes and shirt" or "no weapons" sign. I have the freedom to go there or not. I follow their rules if I choose to enter.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 4

5 minutes ago, rayzor said:

That's literally communism. Stalin would be proud. Have fun with that. My fully vaccinated self will keep going out NOT wearing a mask, and living life like it's 2019. I've earned that by being vaccinated and doing my part. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 4

24 minutes ago, UpstatePantherfan said:

Again, you are making an assumption that they weren't vaxxed though. Seeing as how a majority of people in this country are vaxxed, there is a better chance of them being vaxxed then not being vaxxed. 

And if they aren't vaxxed and still choose to go, then that's on them. I'm sorry, Ive become a cold hearted SOB. I'm  vaccinated and I'm frankly tired of being told not to do certain things just to protect the idiots that refuse to get vaxxed. 

Because vaccinated people can still get it. Just because you’re vaxed doesn’t mean you need to stop being cautious and throw logic to the wind. You don’t think the irony of saying a positive player vaxed should still play? It confirms vaxed still get it. That’s exactly a prime issue today is people thinking they’re Superman because they’re vaxed.

You may still spread it to a reasonable, caring, vaxed person that you wouldn’t have otherwise through association and you do not know if that person will react well just because they’re vaxed. Or spread it to their kid who can’t get vaxed and the snowballing continues or worse, kid has bad reaction. Did you think of that? At the least it could put them out of work for quarantine, continue the spread and for what?

You're not cold, you’re ignorant, far worse. As a vaxed, I still wear a mask and keep distanced. Imagine if everyone in the world did that for a month. If you’re truly sick of this you’d do whatever it takes to stop the spread, including among the vaxed, even if it meant you had to muster up all the power within your weak mind to devote 3.6 seconds to slide on a mask. Even if it meant to suck up your feelings about how you feel about it. Your post clearly displays you clearly not sick of anything with that attitude, but I honestly don’t think you have the ability to understand how that makes sense.

I realize not everyone is born with the capability to understand certain things or receive data or interpret it correctly, but I urge you to try your hardest.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, UpstatePantherfan said:

That's literally communism. Stalin would be proud. Have fun with that. My fully vaccinated self will keep going out NOT wearing a mask, and living life like it's 2019. I've earned that by being vaccinated and doing my part. 

I don't disagree with most of your points but don't equate this to being communist. Democratically elected governments, local, state or national have a duty to protect their citizens when they feel it necessary. If the preponderance of them disagree, that is what voting booths are for.

Edited by kungfoodude

15 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Humanity couldn't even be decent long enough to not hoard toilet paper. When it comes down to it, people will do what's best for them 99.9% of the time. Covid has shown humanity for what it really is, selfish and self righteous. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, UpstatePantherfan said:

We just have two different mindsets. My mindset is if someone is eligible to be vaxxed, and refuses to be vaxxed and chooses to go in high risk situations, then they have to pay the consequences. 

This applies to anything in life really, if a idiot refuses to wear a motorcycle helmet and ends up dead or in a coma, then that's on him. He knew the risk, ignored the warnings and he made his choice and he lives with the consequences. That's what I teach my kids 

Someone wearing a motorcycle helmet is only going to put their own life at risk. Someone who isn’t vaccinated has the potential to put many other peoples lives at risk too. They are not the same. Yes they both are a dumbass, but it’s not just them paying the consequences for their actions. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

11 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Humanity couldn't even be decent long enough to not hoard toilet paper. When it comes down to it, people will do what's best for them 99.9% of the time. Covid has shown humanity for what it really is, selfish and self righteous. 

I wiped my ass on my neighbors door handle all through COVID.