• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cowboys at Bucs - NFL opener GameDay thread

Zod

8 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

So I have a rating scale for QBs - 1-10.

Prescott is similar to Newton - he's a 7 (borderline 8). A guy you can win a lot of games with, but he's never going to consistently push his team to the next level. He's also too good to easily move on from - you're kinda in limbo with the guy if you can't build the rest of the team around him.

Tonight Prescott has struggled to get off his first read a lot - it's very limiting. 

Cam's prime (albeit quite short due to injury) as an overall weapon and QB was way better than what Dak has shown so far. Dak could still take a step forward and he's been a bit more consistent but he's absolutely nowhere near the threat that Cam was at his best. Cam carried a bunch of nobodies on O to the SB. Dak hasn't been able to get anything done despite having a stacked offense pretty much his whole career. Imagine what Cam in his prime could've done with the OL that Dak had before the past year or two.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

I mean he's always been a cerebral QB. 95% of the time he knows what's coming and where all his guys are meant to be. He almost never has to move from his spot - he's just playing backyard pitch and catch.

I'm actually surprised Brees fell off so quickly - I don't know if he had some arm / shoulder surgery? He certainly lost his fastball. 

I don’t think Brees was a great as everyone made him out to be. He dinked and dunked his whole career in NO. A high completion % doesn’t mean you’re clutch or always know where to go with the ball. He was a stat padding candyass that choked more often than not with the  game on the line.

Just now, t96 said:

Cam's prime (albeit quite short due to injury) as an overall weapon and QB was way better than what Dak has shown so far. Dak could still take a step forward and he's been a bit more consistent but he's absolutely nowhere near the threat that Cam was at his best. Cam carried a bunch of nobodies on O to the SB. Dak hasn't been able to get anything done despite having a stacked offense pretty much his whole career. Imagine what Cam in his prime could've done with the OL that Dak had before the past year or two.

Newton in his prime was a problem for everyone. Unfortunately it was a very short lived prime. My 7/8 score is based on his entire career with the Panthers - maybe Prescott is a 6/7 and Newton is a 7/8, but there's an overlap for sure imo. 

Prescott's supporting cast is stellar - I love our WR corps, but theirs is just as good. 

Just now, OldhamA said:

Newton in his prime was a problem for everyone. Unfortunately it was a very short lived prime. My 7/8 score is based on his entire career with the Panthers - maybe Prescott is a 6/7 and Newton is a 7/8, but there's an overlap for sure imo. 

Prescott's supporting cast is stellar - I love our WR corps, but theirs is just as good. 

Give Cam these weapons now, 3 time Superbowls, no 🧢

16 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

As I keep on saying, in College you drop the biggest bags for QBs, DTs and CBs. 

It's a passing league, you have to have multiple CBs that can turn and run with 3/4 WR sets.

Rhule / Fitterer get it - you can't hide behind soft zones and a good pass rush in the NFC South. 

Absolutely, especially after D Jax is a turf toe away from missing the season. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, OneBadCat said:

I don’t think Brees was a great as everyone made him out to be. He dinked and dunked his whole career in NO. A high completion % doesn’t mean you’re clutch or always know where to go with the ball. He was a stat padding candyass that choked more often than not with the  game on the line.

Agree to disagree.

He was another QB that knew what was coming 95% of the time. You sat back in zone, he took his time and dissected you. You blitzed, he knew exactly where it was coming from and threw the ball to his hot read. 

Unbelievable player - for some reason our fan base hates that he just methodically took what the defence offered him. I thought it was beautiful to watch - if frustrating when playing against him. 

• Pie 2