• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Morning After - Jets at Panthers

Zod

Just now, TheProfesional said:

What kills me is how we get a lead and then we go conservative trying to protect a lead in the 3rd quarter.......🤦🏻‍♂️ I watch other teams trying to pile on til end of 4th. Sammy D was great the 1st half, the. They do that predictable run formations trying to protect the lead and mess up the rythem that was moving the ball 😭

Yeah, it felt like we were playing "not to lose" instead of playing "to win". This was what I hated about the Rivera Era. I really want to get away from that.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, mbarbour21 said:

Yeah, it felt like we were playing "not to lose" instead of playing "to win". This was what I hated about the Rivera Era. I really want to get away from that.

I think it was more of "lets not put anything more than we need to on film"   The game was pretty much in hand or at least it felt like it was.  No need to show any more.

My 2cents

• Pie 6

21 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

He literally wrapped his arms around him and hugged him. 

It wasn't a block in the back call. That and clipping are negated by the defender turning his back. 

It was holding. You hug a guy like you haven't seen him in 20 years you're getting flagged 

It was truly one of the more blatant holds you'll see in a football game. No clue how anyone could have an issue with that call.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4

10 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I think it was more of "lets not put anything more than we need to on film"   The game was pretty much in hand or at least it felt like it was.  No need to show any more.

My 2cents

I would agree with you if we were up by 30, or even 20. If that was our thought process with that small of a lead, then we are in trouble, because that means our coaching staff doesn't get it. 

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

The staff either severely underestimated this Jets team and thought they would just roll over in the second half or they are they can't adjust a game plan mid-game.  Regardless of which it was...possibly both, that bodes poorly on the coaching staff.

Not that I disagree, but the Jets also made counter adjustments and we didn’t figure that out until the fourth quarter. It’s a two way street on this stuff. It’s not like we rolled over and played dead. 

24 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

He literally wrapped his arms around him and hugged him. 

It wasn't a block in the back call. That and clipping are negated by the defender turning his back. 

It was holding. You hug a guy like you haven't seen him in 20 years you're getting flagged 

That was the most obvious hold I have ever seen

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Not that I disagree, but the Jets also made counter adjustments and we didn’t figure that out until the fourth quarter. It’s a two way street on this stuff. It’s not like we rolled over and played dead. 

My point exactly.  If Brady had no idea the Jets D was going to come out in the second half and get after Sam Darnold after getting blanked in the first half, then he's a twit.  It shouldn't take more than two series to see if the opponent has shifted strategies.  Heck, I noticed the difference only after our first series. The Jets front four was bringing the heat every snap.  Yet, Brady insisted on still pushing the ball down field.  It wasn't until the 4th quarter he started to dial up plays to counter the Jets front's aggressiveness.

Edited by 45catfan

I’m tired of the Panthers being the CMC Panthers. They need to stop running him in the ground like they did first game. Way to many runs, even though they said they will not overuse him. 

I feel we are relying way to much on him and when a team shuts him down, we are not going to know what to do.

• Pie 4

32 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

My 2cents

This is what I think as well. Why show anything you don’t have to against an obviously inferior opponent? 

We can be validated next week against the Saints.

4 minutes ago, LegioX said:

I’m tired of the Panthers being the CMC Panthers. They need to stop running him in the ground like they did first game. Way to many runs, even though they said they will not overuse him. 

I feel we are relying way to much on him and when a team shuts him down, we are not going to know what to do.

It really is a problem. I hope yesterday's usage was about easing Darnold in and getting him comfortable.

I get it, when you have a versatile and dangerous weapon like that you want to go to it as much as possible, but after talking about the need to monitor his usage we need to see that actually come to fruition.  CMC accounted for 30 touches. All other RBs combined for 2. We had 62 offensive snaps. CMC was the target on damn near half of them.

That's not sustainable and I thought him being banged up last year would've taught us that.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1