• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stats and Superlatives - Jets at Panthers

Zod

1 hour ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

Can anyone post the sack of Derrick Brown and YGM on zach wilson? Pretty please.

Adjectives fail to convey the force behind that impact.  All I know is, if you swapped me for ZW in that moment, there would be a moment of silence before the next game.

29 minutes ago, trueblade said:

I thought they should have called out the U.N.C. He didn't look right immediately after that hit.

A child was crushed by the largest man on our team.  That child then got up, took the snap and threw a dart for the completion.  I was thoroughly impressed at that display of toughness.

• Pie 7

55 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

I gotta be honest the guy looks like a pussy but clearly is quite the opposite. His strength/toughness to me was the most impressive part about him...we could have had 9 sacks but he got through a few of em

Agreed.  He looks Jimmy Clausen soft in the face, but the kid is a player for sure.

• Pie 2

23 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

You usually have to go to LiveLeak to see videos of a man being killed... but here you go...

Best thing about that play was the creative use of Gros-Matos on the inside of a 4-man rush.  He and Brown ran that loop/stunt to perfection.

We have surely gotten ourselves versatility from our pass rushers.  Blocking assignments for our opponents will be very difficult.  6 sacks is a great start for our front, and we barely missed another 2-3.   Some of the QBs we'll see won't have the elusiveness that Wilson showed.

Also, I know it was just the Jets, but there was a great improvement in our run defense up the middle.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, OnlyPantherFaninMaine said:

Think Derrick Brown knocked down at least two balls at the line of scrimmage. He has a knack for getting his arms/hand in the passing lanes it seems. Turning into a monster up front. 

I'm loving the Brown + DaQuan Jones combo.  

• Pie 2

39 minutes ago, bigdavis said:

Best thing about that play was the creative use of Gros-Matos on the inside of a 4-man rush.  He and Brown ran that loop/stunt to perfection.

We have surely gotten ourselves versatility from our pass rushers.  Blocking assignments for our opponents will be very difficult.  6 sacks is a great start for our front, and we barely missed another 2-3.   Some of the QBs we'll see won't have the elusiveness that Wilson showed.

Also, I know it was just the Jets, but there was a great improvement in our run defense up the middle.

Matt Ryan has to be shaking right now....

Hey y'all.  I downloaded the Gamebook, and I'm likely going to spring for a PFRef subscription so I can dig into their stats that are now paywalled.

What stats are you curious about?  Remember, I'm not an Xs & Os gal, so I can't really tell you how many times we played what formation kind of thing.

But some of the things that have already caught my eye:

• Sacks / Pressures
  • Red Zone performance
  • 3rd down conversion (on both sides of the ball)
  • Stopping the run

I may also start tracking snaps played by rookies.

What types of stats do you want to know more about?

Got some work and errands I need to do now, but will be back online this evening to check out the replies and start crunching numbers.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

31 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

Hey y'all.  I downloaded the Gamebook, and I'm likely going to spring for a PFRef subscription so I can dig into their stats that are now paywalled.

What stats are you curious about?  Remember, I'm not an Xs & Os gal, so I can't really tell you how many times we played what formation kind of thing.

But some of the things that have already caught my eye:

• Sacks / Pressures
  • Red Zone performance
  • 3rd down conversion (on both sides of the ball)
  • Stopping the run

I may also start tracking snaps played by rookies.

What types of stats do you want to know more about?

Got some work and errands I need to do now, but will be back online this evening to check out the replies and start crunching numbers.

Run/Pass balance in 1st half play calling versus second half play calling.

% of first down passes called in the 1st half versus the 2nd half.

Query: does the data support that Brady went into 'clock-ball' in the second half.

• Pie 1

Just now, 45catfan said:

So you can judge a team's performance based off if they covered the spread or not?  So if a team won 7-3 on defensive TD, based off 3.5 point spread, everything is just peachy.  Got it.

Well yeah, because the only way that score happens now is if its snowing or something. Good defensive battle. You have to love them.