• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corn Elder is back

Zod

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Why?  He's not...well he just is not an improvement anywhere.  I guess the depth in the secondary is worse than I thought. 

I guess they were just looking for someone familiar with the system to step in on an as needed basis (aka in case of emergency).

Worth remembering we get AJ Bouye activated for Week 3 (I think it was only a 2 game suspension, right?) as well, which will be huge.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

I guess they were just looking for someone familiar with the system to step in on an as needed basis (aka in case of emergency).

Worth remembering we get AJ Bouye activated for Week 3 (I think it was only a 2 game suspension, right?) as well, which will be huge.

He's not familiar with the system as far as I can tell.  When was he cut the last time? I thought he'd been gone a couple of seasons at least?  Hell I can't keep up anymore.

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

He's not familiar with the system as far as I can tell.  When was he cut the last time? I thought he'd been gone a couple of seasons at least?  Hell I can't keep up anymore.

No, he played shockingly halfway decent last season. Like, it was weird and I don't blame you for not remembering that little nugget.

The only reason I remember is because I had completely written him off as well. We just cut him for the first time (under Rhule at least) this season. From an SI article:

His usage on defense was fairly nonexistent during his first two years but appeared on 411 snaps last year in 16 games.

Edited by therealmjl
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

No, he played shockingly halfway decent last season. Like, it was weird and I don't blame you for not remembering that little nugget.

The only reason I remember is because I had completely written him off as well. We just cut him for the first time (under Rhule at least) this season. From an SI article:

His usage on defense was fairly nonexistent during his first two years but appeared on 411 snaps last year in 16 games.

Damn, I thought he was let go when Rhule got here.  Talk about disappearing.