• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeremy Chinn

NAS

How did he do at safety?

I thought he made a few nice plays and covered well down field on a couple of deep throws but also gave up a couple of catches.  

It just seems he was much more effective and a playmaker as a hybrid linebacker last year but I could be wrong.  

Edited by NAS
  • Pie 3
  • Poo 1

He was partly to blame for 2 long passes, outside of that he did well from the stands perspective.  He got lost on a cover 2 play down the sideline to Mims, and another to Barrios. 

There were points in the game (after Hartsfield's injury) where we brought in Sean Chandler to play FS and moved Chinn into the box. Something to keey an eye on.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

He was partly to blame for 2 long passes, outside of that he did well from the stands perspective.  He got lost on a cover 2 play down the sideline to Mims, and another to Barrios. 

There were points in the game (after Hartsfield's injury) where we brought in Sean Chandler to play FS and moved Chinn into the box. Something to keey an eye on.

Nice points. Chinn’s best position is SS where he can defend in the box and blitz but he struggles in coverage. I also don’t think it was a coincident that he got exposed a little after Hartsfield went out. Hopefully the Panthers can make the needed adjustments for the Saints.

One thing I've considered with Chinn moving to safety is that it had more to do with signing Reddick than actually increasing Chinn's longevity. Chinn's biggest attribute was always his ability to find his way to the ball and I'm curious if him being at safety will limit his ability to do that. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

Both were plays extended well out of the pocket... The defense required to cover in excess of five to six seconds not much to complain about there.

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Both were plays extended well out of the pocket... The defense required to cover in excess of five to six seconds not much to complain about there.

No they werent. They were pocket throws and less than 3 seconds after the snap of the ball. You can see DJax yelling at Chinn during the throw here....

https://www.nfl.com/videos/zach-wilson-delivers-40-yard-strike-to-denzel-mims-while-getting-hit

57 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Some might disagree, but i honestly thought Kenny Robinson was the only true Free saftey on the roster. You could see it in the practice and the games. Everybody else is better suited for SS but the staff clearly sees something different.

I don't disagree. That's why I really liked the draft pick and was disappointed when he got released last year. He flashes the talent, not sure what the issue(s) is that's keeping him off the field.

I think it's fuging stupid we have him as a FS and not SS. Chinn was responsible for a TD given up and I saw many times that Burris was the one lining up at LB with Chinn backing up. We need a true FS to put beside Chinn and let him approach the LOS with the LBs when we need him too. I warned about this when it was announced he was FS, but everyone kept saying "they're the same position it won't matter blah blah blah". No. It does matter.

Edited by KillerKat
  • Pie 2

2 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Chandler at FS and Chinn at SS should stay that way.

• Pie 2