• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Sunday NFL games thread

Zod

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

How in the hell do you get sacked NINE times?

Remember when he was talking about how the speed of the game was nothing.

I didn't see the game, but I wonder if he was holding onto the ball too long (which of course speaks to his ability to process...)...

Crappy OL helps...

But yeah, that's bad. And I'd wager he's regretting that comment by now.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah again, not true.

Marty only managed three winning seasons in fifteen years as GM. Gettleman got that many in five, and had us in the playoffs with significantly more consistency.

I don't hate Marty, but let's be real. He was sh-t as a GM

I have high hopes for Fitterer to be better than both 

I don't agree Marty was poo (there have been and will be much worse). I agree he wasn't the best.

Don't know how I got there anyway, what I said originally, it's nice we have an owner committed to buy the best in the business. 

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

How in the hell do you get sacked NINE times?

Remember when he was talking about how the speed of the game was nothing.

I didn't see the game, but I wonder if he was holding onto the ball too long (which of course speaks to his ability to process...)...

Definitely some Field thumpers still making excuses.

Just now, User Name said:

I don't agree Marty was poo (there have been and will be much worse). I agree he wasn't the best.

Don't know how I got there anyway, what I said originally, it's nice we have an owner committed to buy the best in the business. 

Three winning seasons out of fifteen isn't "not the best". It's sh-t.

Now as to the owner, I'll agree we're improved there as long as he remains hands off and lets his football people do their jobs.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• Article:  The Rams must love rookie defensive lineman Braden Fiske, because they paid the Panthers a fortune to move up in the second round and draft him. To move up from No. 52 to No. 39 and draft Fiske, the Rams gave up the 155th overall pick in this year’s draft, as well as the Rams’ second-round pick in next year’s draft. That’s a rare price to pay, for a move up of just 13 spots in the second round. In fact, according to Seth Walder of ESPN Analytics, the Rams overpaid by the most any team has overpaid to move up on Day Two of the draft in at least the last six years. Ultimately, the Rams used two second-round picks and a fifth-round pick on Fiske. That’s a lot to spend. For the Panthers, it’s a great deal that nets them a second-round pick next year in addition to Jonathon Brooks, the running back the Panthers drafted after making another trade that packaged the two picks they got from the Rams. The Panthers didn’t have a 2025 second-round pick, having shipped it to Chicago in last year’s Bryce Young trade, but now they have a second-round pick after making a good trade on Friday. https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/rams-paid-a-big-price-in-trade-with-panthers-to-move-up-13-spots-for-braden-fiske
    • Yeah I don’t think I’d like this guy outside, he doesn’t fit that in the NFL.  I think he needs to stick to nickel and ST to help the defense, he’d probably contribute. I think he’d be a liability outside. I like him okay though, looking forward to seeing him.  Actually that is probably how I feel about all the picks, I like them okay and am looking forward to seeing them. I feel like they were taken for a good reason; though I may not see it yet. One shouldn’t expect to go straight down the line hit every one, butI think we’ll hit on a couple of guys in this group. 4 would be great.  
    • i know, but to a degree to can still apply, imo. yes, the guy is a unicorn. crazy circumstances and situations i think kept him away from opportunity to prove themselves for a longer period of time. and in that he and cam are similar. cam took a couple years before he was put in a situation to show what he could do given then opportunity. same wit XL. different circumstances, for sure, but really they were drafted based on one one year of production where they looked dominant. does that mean he's going to be the cam newton of WRS? probably not.  one of the arguments against cam was that he had only one year of "real" production at a high level and those arguments were furthered by the lack of people who had transitioned into a legit starter after so little starting experience.  they were/are both unicorns.