• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breer on Henderson trade

NAS

23 hours ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Henderson is talented but he isn't a football fan. He had a telling interview after his first game last year. At the presser he was asked if he followed Phillip Rivers at all growing up.  He said in a matter of fact manner, "Honestly Im not much of a football fan."

Now Im aware that the NFL is a business and plenty of guys just do it for the money, but it usually at least started out as kid loving the game. Henderson is talented, but Im not sure if he will ever be committed to a team more then a paycheck.

As somebody who played minor league baseball I can tell you there are a lot of people playing the game who love PLAYING the game but don’t care to watch it on TV. He could have meant exactly that. He didn’t watch much football growing up, he just played it. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Varking said:

As somebody who played minor league baseball I can tell you there are a lot of people playing the game who love PLAYING the game but don’t care to watch it on TV. He could have meant exactly that. He didn’t watch much football growing up, he just played it. 

You honestly don’t even have to enjoy playing it. As long as your desire to be great outweighs your desire to be comfortable, I’m good.

This trade is worth it. Look what they did to help Darnold, even Reddick is better. What about Burris was playing better. They got Anderson last year to step up. I just think this coaching staff knows what they're doing and how to bring out the best in players. 

This team is being built to be strong year and year. IMO.... Gone are the up and down years.

• Pie 1

I always got the feeling Chris Gamble didn't really "love" football either.  He worked out pretty well for us, albeit retiring a bit early.  But man he was good. 

The way I see it, we started rolling the dice when we drafted Darnold and skipped over a QB in the draft.  May as well keep going with it lol.   This is less than a risk than the Darnold trade though for one of the top 3 most important positions on a team.

19 minutes ago, yasuhara2241 said:

So is it odd not to hear anything from the Panthers,  reporters or the player yet? Or am I just being paranoid because of the rumors about him mentally

There was a press conference Monday with Rhule.  I doubt we see CJ in front of a mic for awhile.  The first question is literally gonna be "are you nuts?"

• Pie 3

23 minutes ago, yasuhara2241 said:

So is it odd not to hear anything from the Panthers,  reporters or the player yet? Or am I just being paranoid because of the rumors about him mentally

Tuesday is typically a nothing day. Rhule talked a bit about him Monday in his press conference but CJ hadn't even arrived in Charlotte yet. I'm sure we will see and hear plenty about him today with there being a practice and post practice press conference.

• Pie 2