• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My analysis of C.J. Henderson and body language.

Ivan The Awesome

27 minutes ago, Gash said:

Great analysis. I'm surprised you could focus that much on the interview. I found it painful to watch.

The kid is definitely an introvert and I could see how his childhood friends in Jax could be such a drag on his mental health.

Thanks. It was my assignment for the week, I could see any video on YT involving an interview depicting body language and report about it, as long as it was 5 minutes long. My report is more in-depth but I thought I'd share some of the key findings about C.J. and his body language and tone during an interview. Like most said here, seems pretty boring but if you analyze it, you can find some hidden wrinkles in there. 

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

Ive heard if you ask someone a question and they look up away and to the right it means they are lying 

People have all kinds of tells for when they're lying. I've heard of your example before. Also licking their lips, repeating your question back to you before answering. general fidgeting. Body language is super interesting 

Edited by RJK

10 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Thread is terrible, and still don’t see how everyone would be happy with this trade. I wasn’t that excited yesterday and now watching this video makes me not like the trade that much more. 

You don't like anything though tbh.  Bet you don't like the Panthers being 3-0.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

Trading for a one year removed top ten pick who’s only character worry is being quiet is amazing. He doesn’t have history of getting in trouble, he seems grounded and more introverted. I personally like his demeanor it’s good to have a mix of personalities we already have two very strong personalities at corner with Donte and Jaycee so his quieter personality will mesh well. I wish CJ nothing but the best I’m super excited we got him, incredibly talented and seems like a good dude.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

Nice work, OP.

Pardon the redundancy, but I've copied this here (from the "First Look..." thread), because I thin it's more to the point here:

bigdavis

His introverted manner is of no concern to me.  Not every CB is a loud. cocky blowhard.

I took him as respectful to the reporters, not used to this interview routine, and a guy who'll let his play do the talking for him.

The good to take from the interview is that he seems happy to be here (a "player oriented team, with older guys to learn from"), and while we all agree he was miserable playing for Jax, he avoided the opportunity to trash that organization.  Looked modest and classy to me.

Eager to see him do his thing.  It should be a far more valuable add to the team than what Arnold could contribute.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

Ive heard if you ask someone a question and they look up away and to the right it means they are lying 

if they scratch themselves in any body part (not the nuts for guys tho, you know if you know), usually that is a sign. For example if they do a small scratch nose scratch before answering. Not necessarily when replying or breaking eye contact. 

4 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

if they scratch themselves in any body part (not the nuts for guys tho, you know if you know), usually that is a sign. For example if they do a small scratch nose scratch before answering. Not necessarily when replying or breaking eye contact. 

why in the world are we talking about tells for lying??  This kid must be ecstatic that he's gone from an 0-3 team to a contender. (which brings to mind how poor Dan Arnold must be feeling, with the reverse)  I give him credit for being as composed as he was --I know if it were I in his shoes right now, I'd be yelling "Hallelujah!"