• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It’s Official….Sam D was worth the trade.

WarPanthers89

48 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

That’s my point, as soon as things don’t go well they fold. Darnold currently is on a talented team with good coaching were till today hasn’t even trailed a second of a quarter. 

And since you like using garbage time numbers, you do know Goff numbers are better than Darnold’s?

Todays game was basically a carbon copy of last year with Teddy, bad o-line, bad defense and no Mccaffrey. Neither Teddy nor Sam are the type of QBs to carry you out of holes.

I don't get it... the guy lost by one TD, one and your complaining.  It seems to me he played pretty well getting sack 5 times and 11 hits... but hell don't let facts in in the way of some of your eye test.  Your D gave up 36 points... including the last play where the sealed it. 

Your OL maybe the worst in the league (Jets are just as bad)  but the Titans gave up seven sacks today and multiple hits on Thill... 

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Spatric said:

I don't get it... the guy lost by one TD, one and your complaining.  It seems to me he played pretty well getting sack 5 times and 11 hits... but hell don't let facts in in the way of some of your eye test.  Your D gave up 36 points... including the last play where the sealed it. 

Your OL maybe the worst in the league (Jets are just as bad)  but the Titans gave up seven sacks today and multiple hits on Thill... 

garbage time

6 minutes ago, joemac said:

Lol when was Teddy ever one of the highest paid QBs in the league while he was here?! He was making 20 a year. Mid range territory for a starting QB. 

Not sure what you’re moaning about here. If you still justify Teddy’s contract then fuging lol man.

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The point is even MVPs overthrow players from a clean pocket. He also has a good line, weapons, and a great pass catching RB in Jones. How did Rodgers look when the Saints dominated his line like the Cowboys did to ours? Did he throw picks? Overthrow targets?

Sam Darnold has not connected on any other long pass sans he and Roby’s connection week 1 where he had his man beat by like 5 yards. It’s bad. Stop fuging painting it like it’s not and ESPECIALLY stop comparing him to MVPs and champions. Be a little more critical.

25 minutes ago, joemac said:

I mean Sam is hardly the problem here. He’s a bright spot thus far. 3 straight 300 yard games. 4 total TDs. If we had a competent o line we’d be really dangerous,  it unfortunately we’re gonna have to wait until the off season to attempt to fix that. Just a dreadful performance up front today. No other way to slice it. 

I thought this was his 4th straight 300-yard game?   Maybe I'm remembering wrong...

Edited by glenwo2

32 minutes ago, joemac said:

I mean Sam is hardly the problem here. He’s a bright spot thus far. 3 straight 300 yard games. 4 total TDs. If we had a competent o line we’d be really dangerous,  it unfortunately we’re gonna have to wait until the off season to attempt to fix that. Just a dreadful performance up front today. No other way to slice it. 

To try and put the blame on Darold is ridiculous.  Our oline gave him little or no time.

All the hatred comes from the "I want Fields fans" and any possibility to point the problem at Sam is obvious. 

10 minutes ago, rico6 said:

Sam Darnold has not connected on any other long pass sans he and Roby’s connection week 1 where he had his man beat by like 5 yards. It’s bad. Stop fuging painting it like it’s not and ESPECIALLY stop comparing him to MVPs and champions. Be a little more critical.

I’m definitely critical of him. I was pushing for Fields in the draft because I didn’t trust him. But he has played fine this year. He had a bad game where the whole team poo the bed and you start acting like he can’t win without a stacked team. Bad throws will happen, especially when QBs are getting hit 11 times in one game. I brought in a MVP to the conversation to show how dumb it is to overreact after a bad team performance. I saw one pass he overthrew this game (to Robby). That’s just football… 

41 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Except he hasn’t carried anything, matter of fact his numbers regressed in the second halves of games significantly. The coaching staff clear has him on training wheels.

Here is what Greg Cosell saying it Darnold for the most part has been a one read QB on a really well schemed offense. Very reminiscent of Goff and Mcvay

skip 2:00

Except he was going through his progressions in the Texans game if you watched some of the other videos posted with Kurt Warner and JT O’Sullivan breaking his play. But Yea he might be a one read QB when the line is crashing down on him and he has no other options.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Supbro said:

Except he was going through his progressions in the Texans game if you watched some of the other videos posted with Kurt Warner and JT O’Sullivan breaking his play. But Yea he might be a one read QB when the line is crashing down on him and he has no other options.

So Cosell is lying??? 

its clear as day this coaching staff has Darnold on training wheels, he’s not being asked to go out there and make big time throws 40 yards down field, he’s not being asked to go through multiple progressions. Yeah he will make multiple reads once every five throws but it’s pretty elementary for the most part.