• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm sorry but this isn't a winning record team.

Snake

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

Dallas took there foot off the pedal. They could have easily scored two more on us. I like the fight we have to claw back but winning teams don't claw back. I honestly would have rather seen a egg and shrugged it off than poor to no adjustments and a ass kicking in the second half. The Oline will lose a lot of games for us this season. Until we fix that unfortunately we probably are 500 or worse. I guess the positive is that it is talent holding us back more than coaching. 

I'd say you are probably wrong.  We caught a hot Dallas team, at home, and we were coming off a week of upheaval with several players.  Call it an excuse if you want, but it's a fact.  There was no way we were going to adequately replace Burris, Horn, CMC and Arnold in a week. To top it off, throwing a dude out there in Henderson that had only been here a few days.

In short, I'm not hitting the panic button over one bad game.  Yes, everyone knows our OL is bad.  We can scheme around it to a degree especially when we get CMC back.  Just about every team in the NFL gets humbled throughout the season at some point.  Dallas will get theirs too, I'm sure.  We just have to figure out how to duct tape that OL for the rest of this year, it is what it is until the offseason.

16 hours ago, Snake said:

We have way more problems than we do solutions this year. We have been hyped all week about being the number 1 defense and a historic defense at that to give up 36 point to a middle of the road team who was on a short week. Sorry guys but this was the reality check and we are still a 8-9 team at best this year. 

Are you trying to set the record for most POO in Huddle History?

16 hours ago, Snake said:

I get pooed because I'm realistic. It's year two in a rebuild and people think we are playoff bound. It's just not so. We need a better Oline and Special teams. Then once we can actually score 30 points we can talk playoffs. Our line got beat like a drum today just like in Houston. The film is out now. 

Nah. You got pooed because it's a stupid Take and a dumb thread.

13 hours ago, amcoolio said:

Defense is fine, its the first time we got tested all season and we punched them in the mouth in the first half, played with two CB's that hadn't been with the team all season, and it would have been fine had the offense not turned the ball over/crapped out in the third quarter.

I'm still not sold on Darnold. He had some huge 3rd down conversions but still panics in the pocket and will make a lot of dumb mistakes or take dumb sacks instead of getting the ball out. That compared with our really bad o-line means we aren't going anywhere in the postseason. The good news is that we were a year away still anyway, next year is when we should have the talent to be a juggernaut with the cap space and another good draft. Just depends if we get that quarterback or not.

Big surprise.  😑

I'm sure that no matter how things go, it will never be good enough for some fans apparently.

Good thing the main person that determines whether they're "sold" or not is Rhule.    

Looking forward to a bounceback win against the Eagles.

• Poo 1

2 hours ago, PghPanther said:

I saw nothing this weekend that I didn't expect to happen.........I have no illusions about the Panthers.......they are a mid pack team with some clever coaching. There defense is undersized but fast and with a lot of schemes from coaching but appear to be weak against a good running team............Dallas made adjustments on defense that exposed Carolina and Darnold in the 2nd half.

Darnold is who I expected he is.........a reasonable game manager but not a game changer QB.........that's fine as there are only a handful of them around anyway. 

and to go back on my old band wagon of an O line is the foundation of all wins.............we you saw the lack of that in how the Panthers offense was most of the 2nd half......

3-0 and its playoff bound.................3-1 and the sky is falling........fans are like investors....they over react in both directions. Nothing unusual about there here either. 

Game Managers don't lead the league in Rushing TDs.   🤔

Hell....they don't lead the league in ANYTHING actually.

Teddy Asswater is a Game Manager.

Sam is a notch(maybe two) above that, quite honestly.

He just needs to connect on his deep passes when he has the opportunity and we're good to go.

Edited by glenwo2

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Dallas took there foot off the pedal. They could have easily scored two more on us. I like the fight we have to claw back but winning teams don't claw back. I honestly would have rather seen a egg and shrugged it off than poor to no adjustments and a ass kicking in the second half. The Oline will lose a lot of games for us this season. Until we fix that unfortunately we probably are 500 or worse. I guess the positive is that it is talent holding us back more than coaching. 

Come on man - the bolded bit there is a bit silly.  Of course "winning" teams fight back when they're behind?  They do it across single games and, sometimes, whole portions of a season.  The alternative is that for a team to be "winning" they must never be in a position to need to come back from behind or from a down portion of a season.  Doom and gloom all you want but at least do it in a way that makes sense.

God almighty some of us are reaching hard for excuses to kvetch.