• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

C.J. Henderson?

ACobra289

1 minute ago, Kuhndog94 said:

He played along the Panthers sideline so they could call plays to him. He's still adjusting. We should see more against the Eagles. 

This is the answer.  he got burned absolutely by amari cooper, cant lie, but he's also been in our system for 12 1/2 minutes, so he's not playing instinctual ball at all.  He still deserves more than an opportunity.

• Beer 1

Just now, Mage said:

He didn't play much.  I thought the coverage on the Coop TD was fine... Coop is just that good.

I will say one of the coaches did seem really PO'd after the score though.  Not sure if it was directed at Henderson.

I think it was over the blown coverage where the safety (Franklin) jumped a short route rather than providing designed safety help deep. 

• Beer 1

I love CJ but he was put in a bad spot out there. He is a press man CB yet he had cover Cooper with a huge cushion. Cooper went in motion and wasn't touched running wild toward CJ, and then the pass rush got man handled by that Dallas o-line causing CJ to give up a deep one. Even so CJ was right there to defend it, but Dak threw a picture perfect pass.

Edited by pantherj
  • Pie 2

3 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

He had decent coverage that play.

It was odd that after that play, he never saw the field again.

TBF, coaching staff was protecting.  he wasnt at fault, but he also was being fed play calls from the sideline.   I still have high hopes for him because he was burnt on an amazing pass in a defense he had learned less than a week prior.

Henderson got beat on a double move by Cooper, but watch how he made up all the ground on the play!  It was a perfectly thrown pass by Prescott and he CJ did kind of stumble at the end.

The blown coverage on that play was Franklin not providing help on top and being sucked in by the underneath routes Dallas was running.  Either way it turned into 1 on 1 coverage and Dallas made the play.

Henderson is a steal for us, just wait.....the way he made up the ground he lost initially was really something.

• Pie 4