• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A critique of Darnold through 4 games

LinvilleGorge

2 hours ago, Chinncheck said:

At the end of the day

PJ > S.A.M

Told y'all by week 4 his Tru colors will start to show.

My guess an injury incoming because he's going suck so bad there's the excuses.

Just like the clean protection...miscues on reads...

When pressed he sucks....when coming from behind he sucks...Dallas went prevent at the end...so he boosting stats like a teddy.

Eventually everyone will see it's the system not the qb...but a better QB who can avoid mistakes and pressure is waiting in the wings....

The cowboys slaughter the Eagles, so Darnold should win right...pick 6 incoming...I give it 3 more weeks before QB draft threads pop up...oh btw.... notice every since I got ban.... injuries started piling up....

Crazy right or Karma...

Sincerely,

CP1

Cracking Up Lol GIFCracking Up Lol GIFCracking Up Lol GIFCracking Up Lol GIF

Edited by glenwo2

2 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Dumbest poo ever posted.. Did you even looked up the stats before posting... With 10 Tds already Sam is already half as many TD's in 4 games as Teddy had in 14.. lol He was 4 for 4 in the redzone this weekend.. Teddy never did that all season...

He has established that he never wanted Sam around here in the first place so no matter how well he plays, he prefers getting some unknown rookie who could bust but won't care because it's not Sam Darnold.

He's a loser with a Jets-fan mentality (and I know all too well about the Jets-fan mentality).

• Poo 1

21 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I knew this was coming after the first loss.  I've never seen fans hope a player fails more the our fans. It's sad and pathetic. 

It's more important that my comment on a message board in May is proven correct than the Panthers find their Franchise QB and turn into a perennial playoff team.

Why don't you understand this?

• Pie 2

48 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

It's more important that my comment on a message board in May is proven correct than the Panthers find their Franchise QB and turn into a perennial playoff team.

Why don't you understand this?

The sad thing is, he isn’t even right. So Sam lost a game? It’s the NFL, it’s going to happen. He has us 3-1 with multiple 300 yard games and the most rushing TDs by any QB through the first 4 games. 

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, Chinncheck said:

At the end of the day

PJ > S.A.M

Told y'all by week 4 his Tru colors will start to show.

My guess an injury incoming because he's going suck so bad there's the excuses.

Just like the clean protection...miscues on reads...

When pressed he sucks....when coming from behind he sucks...Dallas went prevent at the end...so he boosting stats like a teddy.

Eventually everyone will see it's the system not the qb...but a better QB who can avoid mistakes and pressure is waiting in the wings....

The cowboys slaughter the Eagles, so Darnold should win right...pick 6 incoming...I give it 3 more weeks before QB draft threads pop up...oh btw.... notice every since I got ban.... injuries started piling up....

Crazy right or Karma...

Sincerely,

CP1

Lol you got banned and made another profile to keep posting on this online message board? That’s kind of sad. No one obviously wants you here so just go away or keep getting banned. You really need some better hobbies man…. The injury and draft talk just shows what we all already knew. You aren’t a fan, but a troll. Probably a Falcons or Saints fan so upset out the state of their franchise that you come over here to troll instead of pull for your own team. 

• Pie 1

Waited to comment till we reached page 13 so everyone would read my important post LOL.

No stats,  just the eye test over 4 games.  So many of us are just pleased based on what we had here the last few years.  A very hurt, injury,  Cam, multiple back up QB starts,  and last year Teddy. So yes, we're liking what we've seen in the first 4 games.  Darnold is a lot better that what we'd seen from him in NY.  We've not had a difficult schedule. 

I saw Darnold over throw a couple of receivers going down the sidelines, and Huddlers wanted to harp on missing an open receiver ( Anderson and Moore ).  But if you watched the GOAT Sunday night, he over threw a bunch  Tampa receivers.  All QB's do this some.  

• Pie 4

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The sad thing is, he isn’t even right. So Sam lost a game? It’s the NFL, it’s going to happen. He has us 3-1 with multiple 300 yard games and the most rushing TDs by any QB through the first 4 games. 

Rushing TDs are unimpressive when they are attached to a QB. 
Loved Cam and that he could run it and had a lot of rushing TDs but Sams stats from a passing TD perspective have been unimpressive. 5 TDs to 3 INTs. That is on pace for 20 TDs to 12 INTs which is just okay. 
I’d like less rushing TDs and more passing from the guy who supposed to pass. 
I feel like the reason Sam, or even Teddy had to rush a lot in the endzone was because Brady struggles to scheme players open in the endzone. 

• Poo 1

Just now, TLGPanthersFan said:

Rushing TDs are unimpressive when they are attached to a QB. 
Loved Cam and that he could run it and had a lot of rushing TDs but Sams stats from a passing TD perspective have been unimpressive. 5 TDs to 3 INTs. That is on pace for 20 TDs to 12 INTs which is just okay. 
I’d like less rushing TDs and more passing from the guy who supposed to pass. 
I feel like the reason Sam, or even Teddy had to rush a lot in the endzone was because Brady struggles to scheme players open in the endzone. 

That’s an old school way of thinking. NFL coaches are calling QB designed runs in today’s NFL. TDs are TDs. Now teams are going to have to account for Darnold in the redzone which should free up another player. If they don’t he will just keep running it in untouched. It’s what made Cam so great in our 2015 season, it’s what makes teams struggle with Murray, Jackson, and Allen. Even Dak took off running in crucial downs against us. Take what the defense gives you. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

37 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

That’s an old school way of thinking. NFL coaches are calling QB designed runs in today’s NFL. TDs are TDs. Now teams are going to have to account for Darnold in the redzone which should free up another player. If they don’t he will just keep running it in untouched. It’s what made Cam so great in our 2015 season, it’s what makes teams struggle with Murray, Jackson, and Allen. Even Dak took off running in crucial downs against us. Take what the defense gives you. 

Cam also threw 30 TDs as well. Considering the best QBs today throw 30+ TDs are the regular it really isn’t the old school way of thinking. Brady is also terrible at scheming players open in the redzone, as I said above. 
As much as I loved Cam running the ball I was way more impressed with his passing numbers. Passing TD-wise so far Darnold has been unimpressive. I hope it changed. 

^^^ So we're looking for style points here instead of actual points by our QB?

A TD is still worth 6 whether it's by air or by foot.

And last I checked, having more points than the opponent after the clock reaches 00:00 in the 4th quarter is the goal of any NFL team.

The fact that Sam has contributed to 10 TDs (with 5 of them on the ground) is the mark of a Good QB who does whatever it takes to get his team into the endzone.

And I don't give a rat's ass about a certain someone's viewpoint of what a QB is supposed to play like.   I would rather he run for 5 TDs than throw 5 INTs or get sacked 5 times in the redzone trying to find the open man.  

Edited by glenwo2

I'm 100% behind Darnold.

(I was also 100% behind Teddy most of last season, and 100% behind Cam for the decade before that. And 100% behind Jake, Rodney, Vinny, Steve etc.   Not so much He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named-Because-He-Quit-The-Team, but that's a different story )

After evaluating the entire 2020 season, I agree that Teddy was a stopgap and not going to be our long-term QB solution - to me, he sorta checked out a bit as the season trudged along and became less effective vs how he was the first few games with us.

I believe that if we had gone from Cam straight to Darnold, that Sam would have a much harder road to fan acceptance and perhaps would not be as successful as he has been thus far. 

Teddy was like a rebound girlfriend/boyfriend. Good for the time-being, but not the long haul. (And I think he knew it, regardless of the $$ thrown at him)