• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The day after, I can't help but be upset with Snow...

Proudiddy

I have been singing his praises since about midway through last year.  I've compared him to Jim Johnson and Dick LeBeau...  but, now, it's time to acknowledge where he has fallen short.  Yesterday was preventable and shouldn't have played out the way it did.  The more I've thought back on the game, the more irritated I get that Snow just kept doing the same thing and getting the defense gashed all day.  I know the Cowboys are a good team and I know they are well-balanced offensively, but Zeke hasn't ran like that in years.  And yes, they were blatantly and egregiously holding virtually every play, and all of that had an effect on the game.  I guess Snow was just trying to make sure we didn't give up a big pass, first and foremost, but it was at the expense of the defense getting ran through and over all day.  

I've lauded Snow for his ingenuity and creativeness as our DC.  But, yesterday, there was none of that.  It was very Fox and Rivera like, and I wish I knew the reason he stuck with it...  it's just disappointing because I have actively tried to avoid listening to or watching any national shows because I already know the narrative they'll be spinning - how we got exposed, how we are pretenders, etc., and that's if they even acknowledge us.  From what I saw last night, briefly, most of the highlights glossed over anything we did and just went on about how great the Cowboys were (also completely ignoring the Chinn fumble call).  It sucks.  It's not just that we lost, it's that our vaunted defense got dismantled while losing.  Add to that that we'll be playing one of the weakest schedules over the next few weeks and I can't imagine anyone taking us seriously for quite awhile, no matter how well we play.  

I guess the silver lining is that we will most definitely now fly under the radar until we run into real competition again, giving us time to build some momentum until then.  But man, I just really hate that we wasted an opportunity to get the respect this team deserves.

Oh well, on to the next one.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Snow's defense works against coaching staffs that don't have the personnel or scheme to match the odd man formations. Against a team like the Cowboys, or the Bucs for example, with strong gap integrity and talented offensive lines, defenses like Snow's will get absolutely destroyed. Against teams like the Jets and Texans, teams that struggle to win more than 3 games, it works like a more talented college team stomping a lower tier school.

I think Snow needs to start running 4 down linemen on early downs more often and use the odd man fronts on 3rd downs. To be frankly honest he needs to stop getting "cute". Not having YGM seems to have hurt more than expected. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

Just now, hepcat said:

Snow's defense works against coaching staffs that don't have the personnel or scheme to match the odd man formations. Against a team like the Cowboys, or the Bucs for example, with strong gap integrity and talented offensive lines, defenses like Snow's will get absolutely destroyed. Against teams like the Jets and Texans, teams that struggle to win more than 3 games, it works like a more talented college team stomping a lower tier school.

I think Snow needs to start running 4 down linemen on early downs more often and use the odd man fronts on 3rd downs. To be frankly honest he needs to stop getting "cute". Not having YGM seems to have hurt more than expected. 

See, I think he really was worried about subbing a 4th lineman in bc it limits the versatility of the looks and is one less guy you can drop into coverage.  I really think he was convinced they were just going to go back to slinging it all over the field, so he stayed in the odd fronts hoping to make a big play off pressure and they never gave it to us...  that's whats so frustrating.  They made it pretty clear after a few of those big gaping runs that they were going to keep doing it until we stopped it.  And I think they had no problem going run heavy after repose first few plays in their first two possessions where our pass rush got to Dak...  after that, they decided they would neutralize the pass rush by just running.  Everyone saw it, and we all felt that shift, and yet, our defense just kept running the odd fronts.  It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth...

Even the best coordinators of all times have plenty of games to forget. Let's just hope this doesn't become a trend. We went up against a stacked offense who was getting away with holds all day and are a bit banged up. It was not a good game by any means for the D and Snow but I'm not all that upset about it, at least not yet.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, t96 said:

Even the best coordinators of all times have plenty of games to forget. Let's just hope this doesn't become a trend. We went up against a stacked offense who was getting away with holds all day and are a bit banged up. It was not a good game by any means for the D and Snow but I'm not all that upset about it, at least not yet.

Dallas is the only team with a top 10 RB/QB/WR. they are loaded and can beat you in multiple ways, Outside of Dalvin cook we wont face an RB close to the talent of zeke this whole season.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, DJ feed me moore said:

Dallas is the only team with a top 10 RB/QB/WR. they are loaded and can beat you in multiple ways, Outside of Dalvin cook we wont face an RB close to the talent of zeke this whole season.

Dallas also underperforms too and has a potato as a head coach. We lost to a mediocre team. Let's not try and save face. 

• Poo 1

There where multiple scoring drives from them early that we could have gotten them off the field but Dak narrowly escapes the sack and keeps the drive alive.

You get those sacks, means defense gets off the field, means they don’t score. That’s pretty much it. There was 2 TDS they shouldn’t have had if the sacks happen. Nothing bout scheme