Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

  • panthers-redskins-1.jpg

Stephon Gilmore is about to be released by the Patriots!


jasonluckydog
 Share

Recommended Posts

His play has dropped off some.  He's still good, but I wouldn't call him elite anymore.

As to Tampa, they just signed Sherman, yall think they would turn around and sign Gilmore too?  I have no idea what Sherman got, but surely the Bucs don't have tons of cap with all the vets they have.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

 

My immediate reaction is HELL NO! Not paying $15M for that.

But lets think about it this way. How much would it cost to keep Jackson (now that he's playing well)? If we signed Gilmore, could we turn Jackson into a nice draft pick next year (remember, we don't have a 2nd or 3rd rounder) OR maybe a decent OLineman now if we trade Jackson before the deadline? We have two pretty cheap corners on the books for the next couple of years, at least. Signing Gilmore to a 3-year deal could be ideal.

Just a thought...

Edited by Raleigh PF
  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

His play has dropped off some.  He's still good, but I wouldn't call him elite anymore.

As to Tampa, they just signed Sherman, yall think they would turn around and sign Gilmore too?  I have no idea what Sherman got, but surely the Bucs don't have tons of cap with all the vets they have.

Their top 3 corners are all injured. Sherman is old and Cockrell sucks. Gilmore would be a big improvement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Raleigh PF said:

My immediate reaction is HELL NO! Not paying $15M for that.

But lets think about it this way. How much would it cost to keep Jackson (now that he's playing well)? If we signed Gilmore, could we turn Jackson into a nice draft pick next year (remember, we don't have a 2nd or 3rd rounder) OR maybe a decent OLineman now if we trade Jackson before the deadline? We have two pretty cheap corners on the books for the next couple of years, at least. Signing Gilmore to a 3-year deal could be ideal.

Just a thought...

I think they would rather sign the guys we have.  It's more likely Donte gets paid over us paying a guy on the wrong side of 30.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

I think they would rather sign the guys we have.  It's more likely Donte gets paid over us paying a guy on the wrong side of 30.

That may be the case as the main issue that I see is that his age would not fit the profile of the current roster.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...