• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold’s Upside

HardcoreHokie

56 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

The only tears I'm shedding are ones of laughter at your pavlovian dog response to any topic praising Darnold. 

Says the guy who pretty much just follows me around this site whining. LOL!

You used to be a solid poster, but you've become a joke. Maybe lay off watching the Hurricanes for awhile. Maybe you'll come back to your senses.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We have people crying in here because I've pointed out that suggesting that any developing QB's floor is a guy coming off a 3800 yard, 33 TD, 7 INT season is absurd. That's not a knock on Sam Darnold in anyway shape or form. It's a knock on certain posters' having room temperature IQs for not realizing how absurd of a comparison that is. I'm not knocking Sam. I'm knocking y'all. And laughing at y'all.

tenor.gif&f=1&nofb=1

You’re the GM and everything is equal:  Ryan Tannehill or Sam Darnold?

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We have people crying in here because I've pointed out that suggesting that any developing QB's floor is a guy coming off a 3800 yard, 33 TD, 7 INT season is absurd. That's not a knock on Sam Darnold in anyway shape or form. It's a knock on certain posters' having room temperature IQs for not realizing how absurd of a comparison that is. I'm not knocking Sam. I'm knocking y'all. And laughing at y'all.

tenor.gif&f=1&nofb=1

When you start a post with "We have people crying in here", it pretty much shows your maturity level. Considering how triggered you get when folks don't bend to your will. It is amazing how hypocritical you can be.

It's not really about what you say. It's the contempt you show to folks that don't agree with you. Folks notice how you treat them. 

Edited by iamhubby1
  • Pie 4

17 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

@LinvilleGorge How are the leaves looking around Linville? We are going up the week of the 18th. Hopefully the leaves are more "Good Sam" than "Bad Sam". 

They were just starting to change and then it absolutely downpoured this week. This week's rain is almost certainly going to result in this fall's leaves being a dud. Sorry.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

When you start a post with "We have people crying in here", it pretty much shows your maturity level. Considering how triggered you get when folks don't bend to your will. It is amazing how hypocritical you can be.

It's not really about what you say. It's the contempt you show to folks that don't agree with you. Folks notice how you treat them. 

The only contempt I show is in return. I'm fine with people disagreeing, but I have no patience and show no respect to the poo slingers and whiners. Sorry, not sorry. 

You're the leading poo slinger on this site. I'll hear of no talk of "maturity level" from you. Clown.

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

24 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Says the guy who pretty much just follows me around this site whining. LOL!

You used to be a solid poster, but you've become a joke. Maybe lay off watching the Hurricanes for awhile. Maybe you'll come back to your senses.

I thought personal attacks were a bannable offense?

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Ryan Tannehill threw for 3800 yards and 33 TDs vs. 7 INTs last year. I don't think that's any developing QB's "floor".

Yes and Sam is currently on pace for 5000 yards passing, 40 total TDs and 13 INTs. Which, if held up over 17 games and we continue to win, would land Sam squarely in the MVP conversation. Not saying that’s where he’s at now, but it’s a helluva good start. 

Edited by joemac
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

49 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

If Darnold's rushing TDs are included I think he is right up around 5th or 6th in total TDs by a QB, too (also doing the same for other QBs, obviously).

Right. I figured everyone knows about the five rushing touchdowns which I am happy with obviously but the true development will be as a passer. Sam is learning to take what the defense is giving him which is great and his mobility is a very good asset for our offense. But I definitely want to see the offense and Sam build some success in the redzone with our receivers as well.

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, joemac said:

Yes and Sam is currently on pace for 5000 yards passing, 40 total TDs and 13 INTs. Which, if held up over 17 games and we continue to win, would land Sam squarely in the MVP conversation. Not saying that’s where he’s at now, but it’s a helluva good start. 

Agreed. Sam is off to a very promising start, but it's just absurd to suggest that his "floor" (aka literally worst case possible outcome) is a guy who at one point last season was a dark horse MVP candidate. Some folks in this thread just can't comprehend that's specifically what I'm talking about here. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

I’d add reading the field/decision making as well but I think that’ll get better with time and again, an oline. 

I have kind of come to the conclusion that no matter how good or bad you start out at this as a QB in the NFL, if you can stay in the league and playing long enough, you can't help but get better at this. I can't think of a single qb that started at least 5 seasons in the NFL who was still demonstrably bad at decision making/reading the field overall.  The elites are always better at it than anyone else but very few vet qb's aren't at least good at it. It's why they love being blitzed, cause they know exactly what to do and can burn you.

Jameis Winston of course being the exception that proves the rule.

• Beer 2