• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is a playoff team

Adb6368

I think best case scenario at this point is 9-8, that is best case. 8-9 or 7-10 is more likely.

But this is to be expected and I still consider this team on track and trending up. I think going 3-0 really distorted expectations by some people not realizing those wins were garbage teams and they’re still rebuilding. 

If we can’t win at least 7 though, that is concerning. I don’t really care about playoffs or not because this team doesn’t belong there.

Edited by onmyown

There are only so many types of loses a team can have in the NFL. We're coming off of two different types of loses:

Dallas - borderline blowout loss to a superior team

Eagles - blooper filled stupidity loss to an equally talented team.

The Dallas loss is the easy one because they would beat us 9/10 times imo.

The Eagles loss hurts more because that is a 50/50 game imo.

The losses that are going to be the hardest to take this season are ones where you can clearly see it could go either way, and then our players make obvious mistake after mistake to ensure a loss. That's the Eagles game in a nutshell.

The bottom line is that we're in QB limbo. This is where teams are trapped until they get a great QB who can win the SB. Sam will win the SB right after I win the powerball lottery. So we have to enjoy what we have and try and win some games, but the SB is not on the table. The SB is for teams with great QBs, and Sam is Sam. He'll be good here and there, and poop other games. Limbo. Same thing with Teddy. They both can manage the game, but they're not putting the team on their back except in rare moments.

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

The bottom line is that we're in QB limbo. This is where teams are trapped until they get a great QB who can win the SB. Sam will win the SB right after I win the powerball lottery. So we have to enjoy what we have and try and win some games, but the SB is not on the table. The SB is for teams with great QBs, and Sam is Sam. He'll be good here and there, and poop other games. Limbo. Same thing with Teddy. They both can manage the game, but they're not putting the team on their back except in rare moments.

QB Limbo, OL hell.

Defensive heaven?

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

The NFL has an answer for defensive heaven. They flag your defense to help the opposing offense generate more TDs and excitement in the game.

Yea I really hate that poo honestly. It's so hard to play defense anymore. I mean if an offensive player ducks you can be the one to get hit with the targeting and last night a defender got a horse collar called because the QB ducked and his hand went into the collar and tackled him.

I mean by the technical rule and all it was a flag but nothing you can do about that and it wasn't a from behind type of thing it was a duck. So yea the artificial scoring from flags is not good for the game.

2 hours ago, hepcat said:

we just lost to the eagles who literally tried to hand the panthers the game with two consecutive turnovers but the Panthers said HOLD MY BEER and turned the ball over more times 

The Eagles have a top 10 defense in terms of yards, and top 3 in terms of passing yards. 

We were down our LG and LT, so  we moved our RT to LT and had a 3rd round rookie have his first NFL start at RT.  We were out our starting safety and linebacker, oh, and did I mention that our biggest offensive weapon, that about 60% of our offense runs through, was out?  And still we would have won if we had just played a little better.

Lets see who is healthy this Sunday.

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, travisura said:

I haven't read most of the negative threads past the first post because they mostly boil down to "O-Line bad" or "Offense bad" or just droning on about how we never win anything as a franchise.

Yeah.  I'll bet those posters are fun at parties.

1 hour ago, pantherj said:

So the Ravens with Lamar Jackson are in QB limbo?

So the Cowboys with Dak are in QB limbo?

I mean...if we're measuring the ability to win the SB, those two(at least) are lacking that mainly 'cause they haven't even been able to get there.