• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thats a BIG drink of water.

Zod

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

The truth is that is a valuable quality in a BACKUP not a starter. Furthermore, you need to actually be good at one of those positions for that to matter.

This is what I kept harping on all offseason. Versatility is irrelevant if you AREN'T GOOD AT ANY OF THOSE POSITIONS.

Being right about those two is so fuging INSANELY FRUSTRATING. I just cannot fathom how laymen like myself can fuging see this poo but these guys couldn't. fug it pisses me off so much.

Professional sport coaches act like their job is difficult and only a pro coach can do their job. It’s football. It’s not building a rocket. 

I know many panthers fans live in this bubble and don’t watch any other teams play, but I’d say a good 70% of teams in the league are having O-line problems. When it comes to sacks allowed and sack per pass attempt we’re are in the middle of the pack. Our pass protection was worst last year with a QB who refused to throw deep. Of course Rhule had tho take a shot in the dark signing these guys, at least we didn’t over pay them like Kalil

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

Fact: multiple guards taken in the 5 round and below the past two years are preforming above average in the NFL right now.

Due diligence and competence.

This is a failure many huddler knew long beforehand, so either 1. Huddlers are smarter (doubtful) or 2. Rhule blatantly ignored the position most likely due to a lack of diligence and fixation on the defense

I’ll give him more time but if he trots our trash next year, after 3 drafts of failure addressing the only thing besides a top defense super bowl contenders have in common, I will consider him unable to fix it and if Tepper wants to keep him he needs to hire help.

Also worth noting is Sam doesn’t work out, you’re not attracting any worthwhile QB to play here, and rightfully so. Cam TB and possibly Sam will be injured by the incompetence. I don’t blame Stafford.

So our head coach, gm and owner who all are supposed to be big into “analytics” didn’t have that fact? 

28 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

He looked ready in the preseason If they're worried about penalties Moton had 2 for 20 yards when they tried to play him at LT, Rhule is DBO'ing himself

Preseason already taught us our depth is horrible. You can’t equate a preseason star to a regular season star. Gotta give him a chance. Yes. But hype is hype. 

• Beer 1

47 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

100%.  Versatility is huge, but if you suck, what’s the point?  We could really use a Travelle Wharton right now.  Too bad he’s coaching with Washington.  That org stinks from the top down so in my perfect world we can steal him as an OL assistant coach.

I feel like they’re going to go hard on OL in the draft next year, but if they don’t, I’ll start to get really concerned

What is a good to elite OL coach going to be able to do with this trash line? I mean even having Taylor Moton playing with them doesn’t help any. 

3 hours ago, Zod said:

He keeps stressing their versatility, able to play multiple positions. WTF good does that do when they suck at all of them?

If you are signing these guys to be backups it makes sense. But they were signed to be starters and it’s been a disaster

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

I know many panthers fans live in this bubble and don’t watch any other teams play, but I’d say a good 70% of teams in the league are having O-line problems. When it comes to sacks allowed and sack per pass attempt we’re are in the middle of the pack. Our pass protection was worst last year with a QB who refused to throw deep. Of course Rhule had tho take a shot in the dark signing these guys, at least we didn’t over pay them like Kalil

Sacks aren’t the problem because Sam does his best to get the ball out quick. Sometimes it works, other (really bad) times it doesn’t.

You can’t look at sacks allowed to judge an OL. Sometimes the sack is due to the line, other times it’s due to the QB holding the ball for ages.

Our line is one of the worst in pressures allowed and pass blocking metrics. I honestly haven’t see a line this terrible in quite a while. Cam Erving makes Matt Kalil look like Joe Thomas.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

Paradis and Miller should never see the field again unless of an absolute emergency. 

LT- Christensen

LG- Erving

C- Elflein

RG- Brown

RT- Moton

Swap Moton and Brady if you please.

No swaps, Christensen is vulnerable to the bull rush either way. Just play the tackles at their natural positions. It feels like Rhule and Brady are trying to stall and hope things work out to save face rather than just try the obvious adjustments. I'd imagine it's infuriating to Tepper and some of the vets either way if they stick with whats not working until someone gets injured

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Julio said:

Sacks aren’t the problem because Sam does his best to get the ball out quick. Sometimes it works, other (really bad) times it doesn’t.

You can’t look at sacks allowed to judge an OL. Sometimes the sack is due to the line, other times it’s due to the QB holding the ball for ages.

Our line is one of the worst in pressures allowed and pass blocking metrics. I honestly haven’t see a line this terrible in quite a while. Cam Erving makes Matt Kalil look like Joe Thomas.

Time to throw shows that Sam isn’t remotely as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Teddy last season was near the bottom.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#yards

Either way I’ve said this before the difference between the 15 ranked line and the 30th ranked line is so minimal it’s not even worst arguing over, there are maybe 8 good o-line in the entire league everyone else is just trying to stay above water. Go to almost any team forum and will see fans declaring they have the worst line in football.

18 minutes ago, Squid Game said:

What is a good to elite OL coach going to be able to do with this trash line? I mean even having Taylor Moton playing with them doesn’t help any. 

Unfortunately for the team I agree to a degree, you can’t turn chicken poo into a Beef Wellington.  OL talent is a league wide shortage, so any coaching benefit is a bonus.  If we can focus on OL in the draft next year, I feel like Travelle could be a good mind for any OL hopefuls to dive into.  He played guard and tackle at a level where he’d be cherished if he was still playing