• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC trending the wrong direction? Not practicing today...

SgtJoo

11 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

No one is saying that. But him being injured these past two years does raise concerns. Remember Todd Gurley was payed a big contract and then got an injury he never recovered from. CMCs use over these last 4 seasons almost made what is happening an absolute certainty. 

There are several “he’s done” comments in this thread 

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

He's not indestructible and apparently he's prone to get injured. He's played how many games last year and this year with how many injuries? He's been overused and it's showing and it's only going to get worse.

He has 1070 touches in 4 half seasons not sure I would call that over used. If they could spell him at the end of games when we have a big lead instead of taking hits that would be nice.

39 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

No one is saying that. But him being injured these past two years does raise concerns. Remember Todd Gurley was payed a big contract and then got an injury he never recovered from. CMCs use over these last 4 seasons almost made what is happening an absolute certainty. 

Gurley had a bad knee that was flagged in the combine so people knew that was coming.

55 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

Team has a better chance to win if we distribute the ball among our talent.

Dj Moore is a top talent in this league and Robbie is pretty good himself. 

They might not think so.

Yeah, DJ is becoming one of the top WRs and Robbie isn't bad either. Though they aren't using Robbie well this season so far.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, TDGone said:

He has 1070 touches in 4 half seasons not sure I would call that over used. If they could spell him at the end of games when we have a big lead instead of taking hits that would be nice.

We can't keep leads as it is.

And if his body can't handle the work load and he keeps getting it njured, he's absolutely overused.

anyone agree cmc would still not be worth it as an elite slot receiver? has anything he’s ever done suggest he would not be able to do so?

if you answer no, the problem isn’t the contract

cmc would be Edelman x3…Edelman transitioned to slot wr from qb lol

Edited by onmyown

10 minutes ago, onmyown said:

anyone agree cmc would still not be worth it as an elite slot receiver? has anything he’s ever done suggest he would not be able to do so?

if you answer no, the problem isn’t the contract

cmc would be Edelman x3…Edelman transitioned to slot wr from qb lol

He’s not a elite slot receiver but he is a RB if he’s playing on the field .Edelman x 3 lol you do realize he was of the best ever in the slot . What makes you think he could ?Running routes from the backfield is not the same as having a defender line up in front you sometimes . He’s played RB all his life and if you want transition later maybe but he’s to valuable to make that move at this stage of his career

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

We can't keep leads as it is.

And if his body can't handle the work load and he keeps getting it njured, he's absolutely overused.

He’s not overused more like coddle by the coaches but I would say behind this line I don’t think their is a back in the NFL who would last a full season.

11 minutes ago, TDGone said:

He’s not a elite slot receiver but he is a RB if he’s playing on the field .Edelman x 3 lol you do realize he was of the best ever in the slot . What makes you think he could ?Running routes from the backfield is not the same as having a defender line up in front you sometimes . He’s played RB all his life and if you want transition later maybe but he’s to valuable to make that move at this stage of his career

What makes you think he couldn’t? Like I said Edelman was a qb. Cmc can’t do it but Edel could from being a qb?  Being a qb is less the same as a slot WR than an all purpose HB. Doubtful he’d fail. Are you saying Edel had more potential?

I’d argue cmc is more talented in general. I see nothing that suggest he would not dominate there as a much as Edel and then some. But I can see an argument Edel had the best qb to have play. And he always had a great oline.

But this was a question to those who don’t like the contract. Stating he’s too valuable to make that move while stating he’s overpaid really makes no sense. If HBs are a dime a dozen then just put someone else back there, I think it’s silly to not explore this option with cmcs talent and to waste it without exploring that idea before he ends up with an injury that will derail his career.

Edited by onmyown