• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Vikings fans are saying

CarolinaLivin

Okay, time to move on from ... whatever that was against Detroit.  http://storage.proboards.com/5999358/i/4blWiMAfXcyUL3oik3bX.gif

A few things to get us started

Head coach Matt Rhule told reporters in his Monday press conference that he’ll know more about McCaffrey’s situation on Wednesday, but he’s “hopeful” that McCaffrey will play this week.

Vegas seems to have lost faith in the Panthers, who have lost two straight games following a 3-0 start. The Panthers were dismal on offense Sunday against the Eagles with Sam Darnold throwing three interceptions while averaging only 4.8 yards per attempt.

Perhaps that’s why the Panthers are only one-point favorites at home against the Vikings, per BetMGM.

We’re going to learn a lot about the Carolina Panthers and Minnesota Vikings this week. Both need a win, Carolina in particular, as it tries to avoid a third straight loss. The Panthers are 3-2 after falling to the Eagles, 21-18. Carolina led 15-6 late in the third quarter before giving up touchdowns on two of the Eagles’ final three possessions. Chuba Hubbard did top 100 yards on the ground, but a season-low 267 yards and three turnovers for the offense are cause for concern. The Panthers opened as one-point home favorites.

As for Minnesota, the Vikings need to be more consistent. For three weeks, the offense averaged 425 yards while its defense struggled to get stops. The defense figured it out without much explanation and has held its last two opponents under 350 yards. But now the offense has scored 26 points in two weeks. By just looking at the final statistics, it’d be hard to tell which games the Vikings won or lost this year.

...*govikes*

Who else predicts a "You take it!" "No you take it!" "Thank you, but we insist, you win" "We couldn't do that, we don't deserve to win" type of game?

I see similarities to the Browns game: Darnold might try to give away the game as much as Baker did. If McCaffrey is back, they also have 2 strong RBs. If McCaffrey is at full strength, he might be an absolute difference-maker. Panthers don't seem to have as much DL strength as the Browns but have a better overall defense. It feels like the Vikings should win based on Cousins > Darnold..but who knows.

Which ever team makes the last mistake loses.

The Vikings will win because our GM is so good.

We have to win enough for him to keep his job, so another uninspiring win this week before we start losing to the other teams on our schedule.

8-9 and a playoff birth, here we come!!!!

We are very fortunate to play against youngsters and declining vets on declining teams at QB. Will Darnold fumigate the joint to bail us out? If they get their RBs at full strength, I don't like the sound of that. We can't stop people from running.

I don't like Mike "The Dinosaur" Zimmer and Klint Kubiak's chances to right the ship on offense past the first quarter. Zimmer is sabotaging this team with "identity" BS about running and passing to CJ Ham and Tyler Conklin as much as Adam Thielen and Justin Jefferson and Klint Kubiak is a boy genius without the pesky "genius" part.

This is Browns game all over again. Lets see which team wants to give the win away the most. Going to be rabbit season/duck season all game long until somebody gets a shotgun blast to the face.

I do not think we can pull this one off we barely beat Detroit the worst team In the NFL we make all QB's look good Mr. D Is better then Goff just saying we should have stomp Detroit but didn't won with a FG.

Some tape from Darnold last week:

He has been better than he was with the Jets... but he's still a below average QB from what I've watched. With McCaffrey's health a toss-up, this is a game our defense should be able to handle. Their OL has struggled against the pass rush, and that's the one thing our defense is doing well (which is a huge surprise, after what we saw in the preseason. Does anybody remember all that hand-wringing? Pfff. Classic preseason).

Carolina is a different team with McCaffery. It's no coincidence the 2 losses have come without him.
If McCaffery plays Carolina are big favorites, as a big chunk of the playbook runs through him and has allowed Darnold to run more (he has 5 rushing TDs)
Without McCaffery the playbook shrinks and Carolina becomes more predictable. They were also without LB Shaq Thompson on Sunday and he makes a big difference to their defense. Will be watching the injury reports closely.

Edited by CarolinaLivin
  • Pie 6
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

I feel like if we had to rank “least annoying, most tolerable, rational NFL fanbase” by division the NFC North would probably be near the top of the list. Packers fans are some of the classiest fans I’ve ever encountered. 

Probably a Midwest thing. I do give them more leeway because they gave the Saints two devastating losses in the playoffs. That's no small favor.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1