• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching staff should be on the hot seat

t96

8 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

I'm not ready to burn it to the ground yet, but after all this time, I'm left wondering what exactly does he do? I can't think of a glaringly obvious benefit of having Matt Rhule as our head coach.

He’s created jobs and extended careers for a lot of Temple and Baylor alums. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

550+ yards given up by your defense? A offensive skill core that couldn’t do anything for 58 minutes? That’s getting to most out of your players? Your entire rookie class out with injury? Nah. 

The other team gets paid to make plays too. The Vikings have a Top 5 running back, 2 great receivers, and a pro bowl caliber QB. Add Horn and Shaq being out and put a PS player at safety and yeah days like today will happen

the first 3 games Darnold had 2 total turnovers. He’s had 7 the last 3 games. That’s why were 3-3 and not 6-0

theres a few teams in the league like the Bucs that are stacked with talent and a few teams like the Jags that are very devoid of talent. Everyone else is pretty even. Games get decided mostly by who gets off the field on 3rd down and who turns the ball over less

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CanePantherHornet said:

He's looked like that for months now. During the draft it looked like he hadn't slept in a week.

I guess. I haven't seen poo like that since my good friends drunk uncle lived in their tool shed.

This is some real poo too he even put a satellite dish on top of that shed.

Edited by Fox007

3 minutes ago, KillaCamNewton said:

The other team gets paid to make plays too. The Vikings have a Top 5 running back, 2 great receivers, and a pro bowl caliber QB. Add Horn and Shaq being out and put a PS player at safety and yeah days like today will happen

the first 3 games Darnold had 2 total turnovers. He’s had 7 the last 3 games. That’s why were 3-3 and not 6-0

theres a few teams in the league like the Bucs that are stacked with talent and a few teams like the Jags that are very devoid of talent. Everyone else is pretty even. Games get decided mostly by who gets off the field on 3rd down and who turns the ball over less

And did we do either of those things. 

Just now, Harbingers said:

And did we do either of those things. 

We did not. Which is why we lost

my point was this is not college football and we are not Alabama. We are not going to every game as the more talented team and just have to not shoot ourselves in the foot to win

there is talent on our defense, there are also alot of guys that would not be on the field for most teams like Carter, Anderson, Luvu, Chandler and whoever the corners besides Bouye and DJax are. It shouldnt be surprising that teams with pro bowlers at QB, RB, and WRs like the Cowboys and Vikings are able to score on us.

50 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

6 games in to Year 2 and half the fan base is off the train.

Not that you'd notice as half of BOA is sold to away fans. 

I'm not off the train but if the coaching staff doesn't wake up the only train will be made of uhauls. There needs to be some serious evaluation of staff and players and if Rhule doesn't get his poo together he will be right back in college. 

• Pie 1

Keep in mind, it was reported that Tepper was part of a minority faction in Pittsburgh that wanted Mike Tomlin fired. A coach who has won a SB and literally never had a losing record.

I think Tepper bought into Rhule's and program and culture building philosophy, but I don't know how much patience he's going to have if we don't start seeing better results on the field.