• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule says the Panthers offense is about to have a "vastly different look," redefined with more of an emphasis on the run game.

SgtJoo

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

That was a bad game yesterday, no question about it. But, I am not going to jump off a cliff after a bad game and I am not going to jump off a cliff after a three game losing streak. There are still 11 more games to judge where we are at as a franchise.

I'm not peddling some dumbshit Sunshine Squad optimism, just saying we are in the midst of a season and we need to get the full picture before we start being definitive about anything. If we keep getting worse and worse as the season progresses, I am absolutely on board with the "Fire Rhule" bandwagon. But, maybe we still end up as a 6-9 win team and are relatively still on schedule for where we should be.

If we improve by a minimum of two wins, OK. If we’re still stuck on three wins in late December, can his ass. 

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

OL--watch Paradis game tape and do the opposite.

Let's fix this problem via the front office.  Fitterer scraps the existing O-line player contracts and re-structures them as 'pay for performance', where sacks and missed blocking assignments cost the player actual money and only positive plays earn you bank.

Well, a man can dream, can't he?

1 minute ago, BIGH2001 said:

You’d be happy with 6 wins?

I don't know about happy. I can definitely see it as a possibility and I can understand how you can get there. You can't expect a team with a bottom 5 OL(being very generous) and the worst starting QB in the NFL over the last 3+ seasons to have a tremendous amount of success. The shock would be if that didn't happen. 

So, those mistakes being what they are, what does the rest of the team look like after 17 games? Do we clearly have a defense that is capable of being a top 10 unit? Do we have enough weapons on offense to be potent with a better OL and competent QB? Is CMC going to be part of the future of the franchise(injuries, etc)? If we get a lot of affirmative answers to those questions, I will probably chalk the bulk of our issues up to the obvious.....our OL and QB are complete trash.

Now, if the problem appears to be more and more coaching related(which is possible), then I will be very, very concerned. Similarly, if it looks like the first three games were the outlier and we are a very bad overall team(defense, CMC, offensive weapons, draft picks, etc), then it is time to panic.

7 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

If we improve by a minimum of two wins, OK. If we’re still stuck on three wins in late December, can his ass. 

If we extend our losing streak to December, any wins we get in December would likely be other teams resting their players. That kind of losing streak would probably get him fired.

Tepper watching the game alone in the box on Sunday probably doesn't bode well for Rhule, TBH.

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

You are correct. Cowboys showed that man coverage plus base four rush beats us. No need to bring the house and give the qbs easy throws if the dline is able to do it on their own. 

For some reason, joe Brady wasn’t calling counter plays to this, like rub routes, double routes, pocket moving throws or seam routes up the middle. 

I believe Rhule noticed this yesterday and is exhausted of some The play calls that Brady is calling. Yesterday, I counted about 5-6 recycled plays from our previous games… very disappointed in lack of creativity and originality in our playbook.

the rehash of the tommy tremble rushing touchdown sticks out in my mind. you get to pull that rabbit out once a year, not every other week.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

If we extend our losing streak to December, any wins we get in December would likely be other teams resting their players. That kind of losing streak would probably get him fired.

Tepper watching the game alone in the box on Sunday probably doesn't bode well for Rhule, TBH.

What’s hilarious (and infuriating) is we’re losing the easiest games we have left. A 14-game losing streak to end the year is very, very possible. 

• Flames 1

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

What’s hilarious (and infuriating) is we’re losing the easiest games we have left. A 14-game losing streak to end the year is very, very possible. 

That would be pretty awful, especially to be the season that set the franchise losing streak record(four straight seasons). Fan apathy would probably be at an all-time low. 

I think at that point, Tepper probably has to regroup and consider moving on from Rhule. Either that or Rhule is going to have to justify what changes he plans to make to even get one more year. 

I suspect you would see Brady get jettisoned if that latter scenario happens. 

• Pie 1