• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers WRs had the 6th most catchable drops by a team the last decade

ncfan

6 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Nah that's false. Everyone knew Teddy was not throwing the ball down field or scoring in the redzone. He was being called Teddy Checkdown for a reason. He barely made any plays at all negative or positive.

Go through the 2020 posts and you will see weeks of lauding his completion percentage and how we needed to fix various aspects of the offense and defense to help him out. It's the same thing this season. People want to ignore the very obvious, neither of them are good NFL starters. I suppose at least Teddy is a game manager that can at least try to not fug up for an elite defense. Darnold is just simply not an NFL caliber starter. He wasn't and he isn't. It doesn't take much watching tape to figure that out.

• Pie 2

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Go through the 2020 posts and you will see weeks of lauding his completion percentage and how we needed to fix various aspects of the offense and defense to help him out. It's the same thing this season. People want to ignore the very obvious, neither of them are good NFL starters. I suppose at least Teddy is a game manager that can at least try to not fug up for an elite defense. Darnold is just simply not an NFL caliber starter. He wasn't and he isn't. It doesn't take much watching tape to figure that out.

Sitting here really wishing Watson didn't have a massage fetish or we'd be sitting pretty for the future I do know that.

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

Sitting here really wishing Watson didn't have a massage fetish or we'd be sitting pretty for the future I do know that.

Or that the Rams didn't want Matt Stafford.

But, even Watson or Stafford wouldn't be successful behind this OL. That's the fuging tragedy. We don't need to see one of the worst QB's in the NFL fail to see how terrible they are.

• Pie 2

19 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Robby doesn't normally drop passes. In 2018 on, Robby's drop percentage is lower than D.J.'s. Now this year, of course yesterday skews the stats in Moore's favor more than likely, but they've yet to be updated.

Yeah before this year he was never known for drops, but it has been a trend so far this year, not just yesterday. He's had at least 1 drop in every game except the Jets game where he only had like 2 targets. yesterday was an absolute disaster from him, even with the late TD catch.

Just now, kungfoodude said:

But, even Watson or Stafford wouldn't be successful behind this OL. That's the fuging tragedy. We don't need to see one of the worst QB's in the NFL fail to see how terrible they are.

Well, I mean, I no longer want Watson but....

Watson is magical even behind a bad OL.  Not consistent but he is still special behind at weak OL.  We have already seen that in college and the pros.    Those Bama/Clemson games weren't even close in terms of those OLs/DLs matching up.  Bama on a different planet.  That was all QB play.   And his line when he got to Houston was terrible. 

You can put a special QB behind a weak OL.  See Cam also.  You can put a weak QB behind a good OL.  You can't pair a bad OL and a weak QB.  That's been the Rhule way for 2 straight years. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yea the OL is the worst part of the team even more so than the QB.

Stafford not at all, MAYBE Watson could do something with this OL, maybe.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Watson is magical even behind a bad OL.  Not consistent but he is still special behind at weak OL.  We have already seen that in college and the pros.    Those Bama/Clemson games weren't even close in terms of those OLs/DLs matching up.  Bama on a different planet.  That was all QB play.   And his line when he got to Houston was terrible. 

You can put a special QB behind a weak OL.  See Cam also. 

And get 3 winning seasons as we saw with Cam. The Oline is just as important as the QB, perhaps even more so.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Well, I mean, I no longer want Watson but....

You can put a special QB behind a weak OL.  See Cam also.  You can put a weak QB behind a good OL.  You can't pair a bad OL and a weak QB.  That's been the Rhule way for 2 straight years. 

True but this may be the worst we have fielded and I don't want to see an elite QB come in here and watch another career ended by lack of protection. 

That's why I am not opposed to seeing Darnold in 2022 if we still don't have the OL project completed. I'd rather use him as a sacrificial lamb than trot out a promising rookie or proven veteran to get shelled while they figure that all out. 

It's so frustrating how they have completely ignored the OL as a priority. The free agency(outside Moton) and draft moves have been APPALLING. Not even Hurney ignored OL like this.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Most of the drops were not drive killers though. We had 4 in that final drive still scored

That’s only because we had to go for it on 4th. If it wasn’t the last drive of the game, two of them would have been drive killers, and there were at least a couple drive killers earlier in the game. 

• Pie 2

41 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

That’s only because we had to go for it on 4th. If it wasn’t the last drive of the game, two of them would have been drive killers, and there were at least a couple drive killers earlier in the game. 

Go back and look at all the drops, only two I can remember where drive killers the Moore TD drops, and the Robby drop that was supposed to be a 12 yard gain and first down.

The Hubbard and Moore drop were not even gonna go for big gains if anything it was better they dropped cause it saved time.

Even the drops were not good throws by Darnold, everything is difficult with him. 

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Well, he did ink that deal AFTER the Darnold trade, so it isn't like he didn't have the option of leaving.

I think there is something clearly going on because his mistakes are very clearly mental.

Yeah he had the option, but Dennis Schroeder could have signed with the Lakers last season for $80 mil, bet on himself and got $4mil. I would have gotten paid too and been riding high. But maybe now he is starting to see the same old inconsistent Darnold. Hence him flipping out last weekend and the lackluster effort mentally yesterday. I mean his attitude seemed better when we were winning. 

Just now, NorthTryon said:

Yeah he had the option, but Dennis Schroeder could have signed with the Lakers last season for $80 mil, bet on himself and got $4mil. I would have gotten paid too and been riding high. But maybe now he is starting to see the same old inconsistent Darnold. Hence him flipping out last weekend and the lackluster effort mentally yesterday. I mean his attitude seemed better when we were winning. 

I wouldn't read too much into his attitude. We get tiny snippets of info. We aren't there are the sidelines, field, locker room, practices, etc. 

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I wouldn't read too much into his attitude. We get tiny snippets of info. We aren't there are the sidelines, field, locker room, practices, etc. 

Yeah, I normally don't but everybody acting like he cost us the game and his attitude is terrible. I just know why I would be mad.