• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2021-2022 Games Thread

Captain Morgan

51 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

Charlotte Hornets
@hornets
·
21m
OFFICIAL: We have recalled center Vernon Carey, center Kai Jones and forward JT Thor from the 
@greensboroswarm

Charlotte Hornets PR
@HornetsPR
·
24m
INJURY UPDATE: 
@hornets
 vs. TOR 2/7 
Cody Martin (L Ankle/Achilles Soreness) and James Bouknight (R Wrist Sprain) have been listed as doubtful before tonight’s game 

Kinda funny Bouknight has a sprained wrist after that debacle on the bench lol

3 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

Charlotte Hornets
@hornets
·
21m
OFFICIAL: We have recalled center Vernon Carey, center Kai Jones and forward JT Thor from the 
@greensboroswarm

Charlotte Hornets PR
@HornetsPR
·
24m
INJURY UPDATE: 
@hornets
 vs. TOR 2/7 
Cody Martin (L Ankle/Achilles Soreness) and James Bouknight (R Wrist Sprain) have been listed as doubtful before tonight’s game 

Would love to see Jones and Thor some minutes tonight, but I doubt it happens though. JB will probably just play Hayward, Oubre, Bridges, and Washington more.

Edited by jayboogieman

So my expectations have gone way down over the past 2 weeks.. and just last night i came to terms with it all.. [tbh, i had to because my mental state was starting to resemble Sundays after a Panthers loss]

anyways, I was originally thinking we could possible get into the Top 6 and maybe win a series.. "Let's trade for Turner to put us over the top!!" - I would say..

but it's obvious now that we aren't 1 piece away.. we are still too young to really compete against good defensive teams and when it gets into games that really matter - aka - playoff atmosphere.. still need to grow

but the future is bright and i am comfortable with that.. for now

31 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

So my expectations have gone way down over the past 2 weeks.. and just last night i came to terms with it all.. [tbh, i had to because my mental state was starting to resemble Sundays after a Panthers loss]

anyways, I was originally thinking we could possible get into the Top 6 and maybe win a series.. "Let's trade for Turner to put us over the top!!" - I would say..

but it's obvious now that we aren't 1 piece away.. we are still too young to really compete against good defensive teams and when it gets into games that really matter - aka - playoff atmosphere.. still need to grow

but the future is bright and i am comfortable with that.. for now

We need to do 2 things before anything else. 1. Trade Gordon for an expiring contract, it is clear he is grossly overpaid to contribute what he does. 2. Trade PJ for a big man, his production can be replaced easily. 

22 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

there is like is a 15% trade kicker in Hayward's deal.. meaning - if we trade him - we have to pay a 15% bonus.. so i doubt Jordan wants to send Hayward out for an expiring contract..

What a dumbass contract!  I know we wanted to get a star, but this guy has never played a whole season.