• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game Day Menu thread

Captain Morgan

at the start of football season I usually get away from healthier eating habits and dive headlong into burgers, pizza, chili and comfort foods, so it's time to get back to some healthier options.  I had some hibachi shrimp this week and remembered how easy that is to do at home, all while being a healthier option and still very good.

So that's on the menu today, along with beer.  And scotch. 

Hibachi Shrimp Rice Bowls - A Grateful Meal

since I've got a couple of zucchinis,  I'm gonna air fry some in panko and parmesan and dip those into ranch for second half munching too

Healthy Air fryer Zucchini Fries - Simply Home Cooked

We're going to win this game, so eat well and be merry.  What's on your menu?

Edited by Captain Morgan
  • Pie 6
  • Beer 3

My usual Sunday omelet.*  Then later, keeping it simple since I am working (from home).. Got some cheese stuffed  ravioli with smoked mozzarella yesterday.  Comfort food going to be needed for game days.

*This week grilled asparagus and cream cheese.

Edited by ladypanther
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 3

15 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Really? Tomato gravy is really just tomato sauce or juice depending on how thin it is and any added spices. Links for some recipes

A buddy of mine in Florence SC gave some red gravy one time that was similar.  Liked it enough to get the recipe.  It was a little spicy and fairly thin.  I've seen some folks eat tomatoes like that over grits.  

• Pie 2

26 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

A buddy of mine in Florence SC gave some red gravy one time that was similar.  Liked it enough to get the recipe.  It was a little spicy and fairly thin.  I've seen some folks eat tomatoes like that over grits.  

I can't see eating it over grits. Now grits with bacon, hash browns, tater tots, or fries is great though.