• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: league and team sources expect Panthers to active the Deshaun Watson trade talks

TheSpecialJuan

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yes, let's kick this poo show into maximum overdrive. Watching us trade a king's ransom for Watson just to watch him immediately end up on the commissioner's exempt list would be maximum entertainment around here.

Ian rapoport said earlier that it’s not expected that he’ll be placed on the exempt list even if he’s traded. So he is eligible to play

After what this team has already given up, this would be stupid. With what the Texans are going to want it leaves no way to fix the oline, sign DJ, Burns or any other key pieces and that doesn't even bring into consideration if he's even allowed to play. Houston smells blood in the water and we may be stupid enough to bite. No first or 2nds for the next 3 years would be where we likely end up with a bloated contract and Watson can walk by the time we have a chance to even begin fixing it. Please No. 

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

So, all the talk about changing culture wasn't honest? Watson is going to be the face of the franchise? How far do you want to set back this organization?

Tepper could sell back the JR. Would be great having Watson and JR leading us.   Lol.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

Not to make light of the situation, because if he is a predator, that is no laughing matter, but to be fair, there should already be protests against Darnold's horrible play and the fact we traded a 2nd round pick for him.

A protest against a predator being shipped in and a crap NFL player's awfulness are different protest. Like non-NFL people show up for one of those and the other doesn't even exist tomorrow for a huge chunk of the populace. 

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

After what this team has already given up, this would be stupid. With what the Texans are going to want it leaves no way to fix the oline, sign DJ, Burns or any other key pieces and that doesn't even bring into consideration if he's even allowed to play. Houston smells blood in the water and we may be stupid enough to bite. No first or 2nds for the next 3 years would be where we likely end up with a bloated contract and Watson can walk by the time we have a chance to even begin fixing it. Please No. 

Having a QB solves everything

I mean think about how bad Houston was, and yet they still had 2 10+ win seasons with him.

Do I want this to happen?  No, but only because Watson has way too much baggage off-the-field right now.  But if we're just talking about the player on the field?  He'd definitely be worth 3 1st round picks, even if it made it more difficult to fix the OL.

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

A protest against a predator being shipped in and a crap NFL player's awfulness are different protest. Like non-NFL people show up for one of those and the other doesn't even exist tomorrow for a huge chunk of the populace. 

Not disagreeing, was just trying to bring some levity to a seemingly hopeless feeling situation for our franchise right now.

But, furthermore, I honestly don't think Tepper gives a flying poo what anyone thinks about him or what he does.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

How long have ya'll be following sports?

Nobody is going to protest Watson playing.  Again, not trying to downplay what Watson is accused of because it is TERRIBLE and I do think we shouldn't touch him, but at the end of the day, as sad and cruel as this may sound... Watson is going to play in the NFL again and this all will, in all likelihood, be mostly forgotten or swept under the rug.  We've seen this time and time again.  

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, ickmule said:

Ian rapoport said earlier that it’s not expected that he’ll be placed on the exempt list even if he’s traded. So he is eligible to play

Yeah, that would change real fast when the leading story on every news channel turned to how the Carolina Panthers are set to start an accused serial sexual predator at QB and the NFL is prepared to standby and let it happen. Goodell would cave to the public pressure.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Not disagreeing, was just trying to bring some levity to a seemingly hopeless feeling situation for our franchise right now.

But, furthermore, I honestly don't think Tepper gives a flying poo what anyone thinks about him or what he does.

I agree, it just scares me that he could absolutely pull that trigger. I can't cheer for that dude at this point.