• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I tried to warn you all...

The Goddamn Jets

3 minutes ago, onmyown said:

it’s the opposite. a year and what makes it essentially 12m a year for two years doesn’t mean anything. anyone crying about that doesn’t understand the cap, what qbs cost now days, salaries and how it can be manipulated. Panthers have 12m just sitting doing nothing as we speak

i don’t understand the trade…you’ll never get pack those picks which are much more value than paying some dead money a year this team won’t be competing for anything anyways 

I'm not sure you can just average it out when you don't even know if you want him next year.  Regardless of the averages, you're stuck with him next year at 18M.  That's not a good thing, and easily avoidable for a very manageable risk.

Obviously I won't argue making that trade was good for you.  Darnold is trash and most should have known this wasn't because Jets... I'm just saying I get it...

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, pantherj said:

I saw a video of Rhule and his staff talking about trading for Sam. They thought he looked like Matthew Stafford, the guy they really wanted. Matt said he didn't want to come here, and Fitterer went into overdrive to find a vet.

They were pressing like motherfugers. The only way they could've thought he looked like Matt Stafford is if they were sharing the bong. They had to feel pressure, real or imagined, to lie to themselves like that.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

Man, if we listened to your warnings, millions of lives could have been saved.  

Oh wait, sorry been watching to many Marvel movies.  😀

I think most of us knew Darnold was a risk.  Where our coaching staff screwed up was that we had a shot to double down, and pick a qb in the draft.  With Darnold and Jones/Fields, we had a better shot that at least one of them was decent.  Now we will end up having to draft a qb next year, assuming one is available.