• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So who wants to go on record and IN FAVOR of trading the farm for Watson?

TheBigKat

Do you want us to Trade for Watson  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Should We Trade the Farm for Watson?

• Yes
    • No

6 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Have you been away the past 24 hours? Cam has been two threads, and mentioned in many others. I keep bringing him up trying to get more people to join me in getting others to stop talking about him. It's a crusade I can't do alone.

Just tell them we dont need a RB given Hubbard&Freeman's play...

25 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

You want a real head scratcher, the best total ranking unit(1997) and the worst total ranking unit(2000) both finished with a 7-9 record.

Oh yeah I was going to make a similar comment about some good it did when we still sucked.

2 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

It's funny that you think Houston would take an oft injured RB with a huge contract, an overpaid receiver that is having issues catching a cold this season, two firsts and a second for an "elite" QB in his prime. Teams were offering three first round picks for the number three rookie in this past draft and you think that sad offer will net Watson?

For the record, I don't want him. It'll cost way too much and this team is in no shape to compete even with him.

CMC's contract is not "huge", it's perhaps slightly high for a really terrific player when he's on the field. It's not outside the realm of believability that someone would roll the dice on CMC, especially when he hasn't really suffered anything major. His contract becomes a better value over time, provided that he is playing.

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

CMC's contract is not "huge", it's perhaps slightly high for a really terrific player when he's on the field. It's not outside the realm of believability that someone would roll the dice on CMC, especially when he hasn't really suffered anything major. His contract becomes a better value over time, provided that he is playing.

CMC's contract is bigger than the majority of RBs these days. It doesn't matter that he hasn't "suffered anything major." All those little injuries add up and equal the same thing, he's not available to play.

12 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

CMC's contract is bigger than the majority of RBs these days. It doesn't matter that he hasn't "suffered anything major." All those little injuries add up and equal the same thing, he's not available to play.

His contract outpaces a few others by like 2 or 3 mil per year. 

3 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Let me introduce you this team.  They are called the Carolina Panthers and historically could give a rat's @ss about fixing an OL.  Been this way the better part of 25-years.    Sure, the one draft  we lucked up and got Jordan Gross because the Vikings could get their card turned in on time we fielded some decent OLs with him here.  Besides that, it's always been a patchwork band of misfits.  Some units less embarrassing than others, but this team has NEVER been known for investing in the OL and fielding an elite unit.

Seriously though, has there ever been one season where pundits were like “That Panthers O Line is something to be feared”. Maybe 03 when they were all roided up? Other than that it’s been slim pickings. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Paa Langfart said:

Funny to see the folks that wanted JR crucified for no actual sexual assaults give a pass on a guy that has 10 sworn criminal complaints against him. I guess you know how I  stand regardless of how badly it would hamstring this team for years to come.

I don’t think that’s the same cohort at all. People who didn’t give a poo about what Jerry did likely don’t give a poo about Watsons deal. 

Only if there are conditions. Those conditions being we get picks back for time missed and picks back for players traded if he misses time. 

Say we trade a 1,1,1, a 3 and Robby Anderson, and Dante Jackson. 

We value Robby at a 4 and Jackson at a 2. 

If he misses no time over 2 years it’s solid. If he misses say a season we get half back. If he misses 2 years we get 75% back. If he’s out longer than that it’s all back. If he misses half a season we get 25% back.

Only way I’m doing it.

58 minutes ago, top dawg said:

We could totally get at least a first for CMC on the open market.