• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe burrow

RumHam

3 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

Panthers defense is way better than the Texans defense which was one of the worst last season. 

Texans had JJ Watt on the last years of his prime. MLB Zach I think lead the league in tacks. Reid is a legit Safety. Couple of others under rated players in Omen&Merc. Id said the panthers current 2021 D is tad better overall. Enough to flip 10 wins? HELL NO! We could do ST and coaching staffs, but Im sick enough

Just now, RumHam said:

For one, I don't want to give up the farm. Ive been anti since day one. But jfc, if we do this and we are picking first for five years, then we can officially oust tepper. Quicker than that though

Whats the big deal with giving up the farm, when your current farm is Skinwalker Ranch?  Our damn farm needs to be demolished and rebuilt. 

• Pie 1

The bengals offensive line isn’t a dumpster. Their play calling is also so much less dumpster than ours.

Their playmakers make plays. 

I’ve watched every single bengals game (along side the panthers games, brother is a die hard bengals fan). And the reason why it’s working isn’t one answer. Joe burrow is more talented than Darnold. Let’s start there. Secondly, their line has a couple solid key pieces… and none are a weak point of the team. 

The absolute biggest difference between what they’re doing and what we’re doing right now is confidence and mojo. We have none. Not a single player on this offense holds it accountable. Robbie Anderson cries and moans- then does some soft body skinny boy crap (like drop a ball that isn’t perfectly thrown at him). No one owns this offense. When things are bad.. oh well let’s go to the sideline. And that’s not to say- we need a rah rah guy, we do need something to care to make a play or create a spark. Even DJ moore, who I’ve defended and will defend until retirement/ he’s not that pure x factor- and it may not all be his fault.

The Bengals have a top 3-5 WR core. Chase is outplaying Randy Moss. Higgins is probably the most underrated WR in the league. Boyd is the best slot WR in the league. Uzomah is a big bodied play maker. Every single one of these players holds the other accountable. They have locker room chemistry and they’re not afraid to make a play. Which is the exact thing that’s happening with us. No one wants to make a play. 

Edited by Eric4280

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Texans had JJ Watt on the last years of his prime. MLB Zach I think lead the league in tacks. Reid is a legit Safety. Couple of others under rated players in Omen&Merc. Id said the panthers current 2021 D is tad better overall. Enough to flip 10 wins? HELL NO! We could do ST and coaching staffs, but Im sick enough

I'm not comparing the names on the jerseys, I'm going by the rankings and last season the Texans defense was horrible. 

2 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

Our defense is one of the best statistically in the league, with Watson we would have the better Qb on the field most Sundays. Two 1000 yards receivers when we have a QB that can read defenses and get them the ball. And the best Rb when healthy. 

Honestly its mid-pack group. They gave nearly 600 yards to the viking after having a GREAT start 3 game start against 3 teams with ok-poor Os. Dallas did whatever they wanted, but they have a top 5 group. Giants without Sayquad, top 3 good WRS, and their starting LT moved all day and should have scored more......did I mention their QB is Daniel "fugup" Jones?? 

Against non-elite O, panthers D can flex. 

Watson can not solve allllllll the panthers issues.... Watson can not block as a C, LG, RG, RT, or play TE by passing to himself. Watson can not punt, cover returns, kick FGs and return kickoffs. Hes not a messiah.

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Honestly its mid-pack group. They gave nearly 600 yards to the viking after having a GREAT start 3 game start against 3 teams with ok-poor Os. Dallas did whatever they wanted, but they have a top 5 group. Giants without Sayquad, top 3 good WRS, and their starting LT moved all day and should have scored more......did I mention their QB is Daniel "fugup" Jones?? 

Against non-elite O, panthers D can flex. 

Watson can not solve allllllll the panthers issues.... Watson can not block as a C, LG, RG, RT, or play TE by passing to himself. Watson can not punt, cover returns, kick FGs and return kickoffs. Hes not a messiah.

No QB is, but question of having a playmaker at the most important position like Watson or the offense looking like it did last Sunday is a no brainer. 

2 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

No QB is, but question of having a playmaker at the most important position like Watson or the offense looking like it did last Sunday is a no brainer. 

He is better than Sammy, for sure. That Texans D could not hold the lead, much like current panthers when facing a better group. Wait til seasons end and see were they are compared to 2020 texans, I think it will be close with the panthers winning by a few spots. I think Phil snow is doing his best and carrying the whole team, but texans DC Romeo is a proven NFL mind. Plus I bet texans had easier opponents than Panthers. Watson' s MVP like season is recent proof that QB can only over-come sooo much. Panthers coaching staff and current ST plays is looking awful weak*currently. Not even mentioning OL and TE group....

Watson would be running for his life and high chance to land on IR, pure facts.