• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How far out do you think this team is from being Super Bowl caliber ready

TheBigKat

I’d say 3-4 seasons at least

this team will need to rebuild their o line

find a franchise QB

learn to move on from CMC

THANKFULLY the team has very good young building blocks but realistically we’re no where near being an upper echelon team in the NFL for the foreseeable future

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

It is hard to believe how short sighted most of this board is. They think we are a player or two away from being a SB contender when nothing is more from the truth. We haven't had back to back top 8 picks because we are ready to contend. Actually we are in a rebuild mode and it will probably take two more years to get where we need to be. We need a LT, C, G, DT, DE, MLB, FS and considerable depth. Most here want a new QB, so I'll throw that in. We have close to 40 million in cap room for next year and a first rounder, but our trades have gutted out 2022 draft. We can do a lot to fix the OL with FA and the draft, but that isn't going to make us a serious contender. We are at least 2 years away.

Edited by bobcat91

2023 fix the oline

2024 look for a QB

2025 CMC will be like 40, will need a new RB

2026 probably when we’ll start contending. QB will be in his 3rd year. 

I’ve never seen a franchise that has been so successful at wasting All-Pro Players career; Cam, Luke and CMC. 

Edited by Squid Game
  • Pie 3
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, DadOSO said:

I wouldn't bet on it with the current owner. It looks like we're going to be the next team with an owner that can't keep his hands out of the cookie jar, and perennial losers for it.

If this were true we’d have Justin Fields right now.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, bobcat91 said:

It is hard to believe how short sighted most of this board is. They think we are a player or two away from being a SB contender when nothing is more from the truth. We haven't had back to back top 8 picks because we are ready to contend. Actually we are in a rebuild mode and it will probably take two more years to get where we need to be. We need a LT, C, G, DT, DE, MLB, FS and considerable depth. Most here want a new QB, so I'll throw that in. We have close to 40 million in cap room for next year and a first rounder, but our trades have gutted out 2022 draft. We can do a lot to fix the OL with FA and the draft, but that isn't going to make us a serious contender. We are at least 2 years away.

I think our defense is fine now. The offense is fuging them over by keeping them on the field constantly.

• Pie 2

Just now, CanePantherHornet said:

I think our defense is fine now. The offense is fuging them over by keeping them on the field constantly.

La Canfora posted something and we are 3rd in yards per game for defense which tells you that the offense is giving short fields which never helps. We have some issues to fix but this defense reminds me of 2019 Tampa…all those same players were there in 2019 that won is 2020 but Jameis didn’t help them out.

16 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

I’d say 3-4 seasons at least

this team will need to rebuild their o line

find a franchise QB

learn to move on from CMC

THANKFULLY the team has very good young building blocks but realistically we’re no where near being an upper echelon team in the NFL for the foreseeable future

Yep. At least 3-4 depending on if they learn from their mistakes.