• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The fan base is melting into the ether

Jmac

7 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

The moment the Minnesota Vikings highjacked our stadium was pretty telling. 

I was in the middle of it…and it sucked.

I agree.  Not ever surprised by the presence of Packers, Steelers, Washington, Dallas, and maybe even Eagles fans...  but, that Vikings poo was over the top and a clear indicator that something isn't right and has drastically changed.  And again, it wasn't just a few, it sounded like they were the majority.  But, you'd know better than me, as you were there...  all I know is, even with the known traveling fans of the aforementioned teams, I never heard them take over the stadium like I have heard this season.  It's bad.

Hey P fans. Dallas fanboy here. Im really hoping the Panthers turn it around and we meet again in the playoffs. Id love our teams to become one of those classic rivalries. That said, I think you have a lot to keep pulling for. Young team and raw talent. Darnold might yet surprise you. And I have this feeling in my gut that the Panthers this week will unleash pent-up Tyranno-rage football on the Falcons. Sure hope so. I'm going with a big win of 34 - 17 Carolina. The Cowboys are known heart-breakers so Im still sus lol

Good luck and see yall in the playoffs!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

It started with disregarding the most important player in the history of Charlotte sports, then replacing him with Teddy Bridgewater, and THEN replacing HIM with Sam Darnold. It’s honestly been a shitshow.

Yup.  And the crazy thing is, if Tepper swallowed his pride and signed Cam tomorrow, the fanbase would be completely rejuvenated and I guarantee would fill up the stadium just to show their love and appreciation for Cam, and not to mention, he is 100x the QB Sam or Teddy is, even now.

• Beer 1

Charlotte never had a great fanbase. There isn’t a sport culture here. College basketball runs this state. Clemson football runs South Carolina. The Hornets were 3-0 and just beat a Brooklyn Nets team that has Kevin Durant and James Harden. Did anyone see the home game two nights ago vs the Celtics? That arena was packed of Celtics fans. 

• Pie 2

I've always loved the team, it's just when they go into a deep suck I don't torture myself on Sundays.  I mean their last decent season was 4 years ago.....this isn't the fault of the fans.

This is what happens when you continually gut a team and you have to rebuild all over in the middle of a rebuild.

Edited by TheMaulClaw
  • Beer 1

47 minutes ago, Jmac said:

As this sh%tshow rolls along, the fans are disppearing (whatever fan base existed.) The team always had problems with out of town fans buying tickets to support various teams (mostly Steelers and Washington fans.)

The corporations buy the boxes and the best PSL's to give to clients. The average Joe may have a PSL for his family and may be struggling to justify the expense. Between the 'vid and the hell of a broken economy of 2019, 2020 on into 2021, many more important things to spend the $$ on.

Curious how many PSL holders are re-considering giving them up next season. How many who buy a few game tickets a season will rethink the purchase. Just feels like the whole atmosphere is going down the sh%tter fast. A few of the wine and cheese crowd with disposable income will still go just to sit on their hands.

Lol we must have a lot of young people and/or newish fans to the team. I remember back in the early 2000’s being able to get a ticket for 5-10 bucks down in the lower bowl. 
Win games and the fans will all be there. 

• Pie 2

Gave 3 games away and sold the rest this year. 6 hours or more in a car to see this product is not worth it,, not even the first 3 games. If they got Watson I would have sold the PSL at an inflated price. Now, meh breakeven. It's just bad football and we have seen plenty in that stadium.

If they improve I'll go, if they do the last 2 years over again I'll just sell the tickets again next year.

One thing that I have not heard mentioned regarding attendance by Panther fans is the age of the PSL owners. Purchasers of PSL’s in the first few years who were in their 30’s and 40’s are now in their 60’s or possibly older. Priorities change as we age and time with family and grandchildren on the weekend often take center stage. Add to that the fact that there were some bruised ego’s ( and rightfully so) when long time holders of PSL’s had their seats ripped out and seating locations changed. Fan loyalty suffered as a result. Some PSL owners were already driving 100 miles or more to attend games. The performance by the Panthers this year has led many of the faithful to question their loyalty.