• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Revisiting Brown vs Simmons...

micnificent28

43 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

We definitely made the right choice. Our defense fell off a cliff after we lost Star. Brown is someone that can be built around. 

Technically, Brown has had a much bigger impact in the pass rushing department than he has in run support. To date, he has been surprisingly pedestrian as a run stuffer.

7 hours ago, jb2288 said:

We made the right choice based on our need. Real question to me would be is if we passed on Herbert if he fell to 8

Hurney played Hurney-ball and couldn’t see the future. Rhule was new and mistakenly let him. I think Herbert was the desired player. Hurney didn’t try to move up for the first time in his life. Probably could have made the deal with the Giants considering they targeted an OT who wasn’t a top 5 selection to most teams. 

Just now, trueblade said:

I thought the story was Hurney wanted to but got shot down by Rhule?

Yes that is true. You know it's bad when Hurney was the smart guy in the room. Seeing Herbert have the best season of a rookie QB ever last year was the first MAJOR red flag for Rhule for me.

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1