• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers willing to trade CMC??

WarPanthers89

2 minutes ago, joemac said:

Burns, CMC, 2 firsts. Book that poo and bring Deshaun home. 

To go along with this. Resign Reddick, resign Gilmore. Do the damn thing and win the Super Bowl in the next 2 years. Oh yeah, and build a real NFL o line for once. 

1 hour ago, uncfan888 said:
1 hour ago, SizzleBuzz said:

What's the "agenda"?

Be specific...

Same one you had when you called cam "wonder woman" in every thread and signed up pretending to be your son. Haha. Crazy 

For what it's worth, you are delusional...

"...paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep..."

Even if this did work out trade wise and Watson comes out fairly clean what is the point of Rhule? I thought it was some culture building business and now it's just back stab anyone to try to get a winning roster. So if we get Watson and still suck maybe Tepper goes hardline and fires the coaching staff lol. Total mess either way

19 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Yeah, that's true. But there's a reason a lot of people believe you don't sign running backs to big extensions 

Thats also true...but i have been saying since then, It was just a tough spot. CMC wasnt just our RB he was our best player on the team at the time and coming off a heavy work load season. It was a business move on his end to start talking extension and capitalizing off the negative heat for the team releasing there former best player Cam.

21 minutes ago, joemac said:

Burns ain’t that great y’all. I hate to be the one to break it to everyone. He’s still the same guy he was as a rookie…

This is definitely false...he didnt even play that much his rookie season and we know why when it comes to that. Lol

As soon as he got a full time role last year he produced greatly. Burns isnt scratching the surface of how good he can really be yet. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

17 minutes ago, joemac said:

To go along with this. Resign Reddick, resign Gilmore. Do the damn thing and win the Super Bowl in the next 2 years. Oh yeah, and build a real NFL o line for once. 

No since we already built around a RB let him play behind that o line. If he is great as you think .

21 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

This is definitely false...he didnt even play that much his rookie season and we know why when it comes to that. Lol

As soon as he got a full time role last year he produced greatly. Burns isnt scratching the surface of how good he can really be yet. 

He’s overrated. He’s not terrible by any means but he’s also not the 2nd coming of Julius Peppers that everyone acts like he is. He’s not even Mike Rucker or Charles Johnson yet. 

• Pie 3
  • Poo 2

You don't trade ANYTHING for Watson right now, period.

To trade for him before his legal situation worked out, is absolutely asinine in itself, when you factor in the cost to get him, it's one of the dumbest ideas in the history of sports, and I'm not embellishing there.

Even if the assumption is everything will mostly get cleared away, no jail, at most a 6 game suspension by the league... you still have to consider the possibly downside if it doesn't go that way, you never know what still might be waiting to come out publicly on all that.

There is a possible chance, small, but possible, that he never plays another down again.  

If you trade away 2 star players and 2 First Round picks, for a guy currently under investigation for sexual assault, and then he never plays for you, that's a franchise killer, it would take an unreal amount of time to come back from that both on the field and with the fan base.

Now once the situation is cleared up in the summer, I am all on board for doing what it takes to get it done, he's still very young and one of the best QB's in the game, you make that happen.  But I can't get on board with giving up anything for him until then, just not worth the risk given the necessary cost.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

Also, as I said in the "we're out" thread a couple of days ago - that report meant absolutely nothing.  I wouldn't be shocked if nothing happens at all, but I also wouldn't be shocked at all to hear at any point out of nowhere before the 2nd, that we traded for Watson.  The reports out there are all posturing and leveraging.  I think we were giving Houston a chance to step back and reassess the weakness of their current position they're in with Watson because their demands were too high.  I expect their demands will drop significantly the closer we get to the deadline.

I think Tepper is set on getting him so long as they are reasonable, which they haven't been.  I expect that will change.

This makes no sense for the Texans. They know that Carolina and Miami are desperate for a QB upgrade and want their guy. Sure, they want that contract off their books, but they've also shown they're content to let Watson sit at home. They hold all the cards, not the Panthers, Watson, or Fins and as they say in this scene, fleece him.